Thread: Pioneer foods we will all be eating when shtf

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Do you have a robot?
    Thanks for your breakdown of the various foods. I like the idea of cornmeal but the problem with corn is there is so much work for so little product. Most stocks you only get three or four ears of corn and that does not give you that much. Just think how many ears of corn need to be stripped in order to fill a fifty pound bag of corn.

I think one of the big things that will help us is the potato. The potato can weather just about any climate except for maybe a really arid climate. During WWII people would mow the tops down to disguise them so the Germans would confiscate the locals food stuff.

For those who raise animals, it will be the smaller animals that will be king. A steer will be too big for most families to process and eat. It will be the smaller ones like goats, sheep and pigs that will be the main animals raised. I understand barter but if you have no way to process and preserve the meat you will lose it. Drying takes a lot of room,a full size side of beef takes up is more than most of us can handle. How do you dry it without proper facilities, it will be tough. If you have a large group then you may be able to use all the meat and preserve some in the event it is not all going to be used.
    Just a thought.
    Last edited by Sniper-T; 02-03-2019 at 04:58 PM. Reason: changed loose to lose...
    If it is predictable then it is preventable....... Gordon Graham

So if it is predictable and preventable then you better prepare.