Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
Wow AK. Sounds like you've put a ton of work in on all that. I bet you'll see some good results from all of it. In particular when you get everything dialed in to it's top production.
I don't expect super good results this year just because we're a little late. Gonna direct sow a few maters and we usually already have some ready by now. Although, planting prior to Easter here is risky, we've had snow the day before Easter before. We will do everything we can this year, and hit it hard next year. Really looking forward to fall garden, which we've never really done before. Put in 800lbs of gravel in the walkways tonite, and didn't even get 1/3 of the walkways covered. Gonna tear down a 4x6 playhouse that the old owner built (it's been converted to mower storage) and build a 2-tiered strawberry bed where I've got some extra space. I have a 1/4 pallet of stone left over, and need more space. I can see doing another area of raised bed next year, but for this year, I'm over it. My goal in this was lower maintenance, as well as aesthetics. Now I can sit on my deck and see what's going on in the garden, and be proud of it. We worked hard and did ok before, but we were faking it as far as quality of installation and easily maintainable garden area. My wife laughed at me this weekend when I told her we spent 3k to save $9 on tomatoes. Yes, we have a rich folk garden now. I still have to level the old garden area out and re-seed grass because we pretty much displaced my kid's nerf battleground. I also have 4 sour bush cherries waiting in large pots that I have to find a spot for, as well as another elderberry and a BIG cherry tree on order for another spot at the top of the hill. So. Very. Tired.