I saw this article and thought it might ring a bell with others on here about where to find hard to find older equipment.

https://www.askaprepper.com/top-13-p...farm-auctions/

Farm auctions are one of my favorite places to search for prepping tools and survival gear. I frequently hit yard sales and flea markets for inexpensive preps, like sheets and curtains to turn into fabric, fishing gear, and boots with some life left in them. But, for the big stuff you will need to keep a survival retreat running during a long-term SHTF event, a farm auction is where you need to go.

Twice each year there one of the largest farm auctions in the entire country is held in my state. Not only is the week-long event a farm auction it is an Amish farm auction. Folks from around the country save up all year so they will have plenty of money to spend on old-fashioned manual tools, farm equipment, and well-trained livestock at the Mount Hope Auction.

The farm equipment sold at Amish and often even at auctions held at old farms in rural areas, was designed to be pulled by horses or is hardy and simple to fix. Being able to work on equipment without special tools or high-tech gadgets will make it far easier to keep it running when you can no longer call in a mechanic or shop for parts online.

There is almost always something every member of the prepping family will get excited about when attending a farm auction – including the kids. The auctioneer will be selling far more than large farm equipment on the block during the events. You should expect to find homesteading and off grid kitchen items, heirloom toys that often help teach farm skills to youngsters, and a plethora of gardening items of all types.

Read the rest of the article.