Thread: Food Storage

I'll most likely shit myself

Food Storage

Pretty good article on vegetable storage.

" Whether you are looking for a long-term food storage solution to become self-sufficient, save money, or want an abundance of home-produce to last until you need it, putting by vegetables for future use is easy and rewarding. To stockpile vegetables, you won’t need to spend money on specialized equipment or be an expert in the kitchen. With planning and common sense, you can take pride in a larder filled with a tasty, nutritious harvest that will last a year or longer.

To keep the roots, leaves, and fruits of vegetables for future consumption, we must prevent decay. While freezing is an option, it depends on electricity and the availability of storage space. Fortunately, there are other efficient and practical ways to stockpile them for prolonged periods.

A word of warning – ripe fruit such as pears and apples give off a gas called ethylene, which stimulates other fruits and vegetables to ripen in turn. It is best not to store fruit near vegetables that are stockpiled for long-term us"

The rest of the article is here.

https://www.askaprepper.com/10-veget...r-a-full-year/

i don't eat vegetables often as i should ..so i buy what im gonna go ahead and use.or i can it.i probably have more canned carrots then what i'll eat in one year.

but yet.there's some good points in that post