Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready for a medium SHTF event?

Bacon saver

"sailing" is navigable up the Mississppi and it's tributaries to get you through to the great lakes regions. Now as far as getting through the Mississippi Delta and all it's indigenous critters, ah local folks if they let ya pass. Rivers are tuff, only two ways to travel, up stream and down, they'll get you either way. BTDT. But I'm sure if your flying the Canadian flag they'll let ya pass..............just don't fly the one from where ya just came from. He, he.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Mmmmm, dog would be a nice change from cat... haven't had that it a while now.

Here brother, here brother...
    have a nice juicy steak, brother...
    good boy, now just be steady...

Great, just posted a pic of Panzer's fat ass on my thread...........guess Sniper will be measuring him for the smoker.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

So to bring life back to a stale thread, are we experiencing a "medium" shtf event right now? That is how I would classify it. However, I am more concerned about the possible rebound of C-19 in the fall that will coincide with the start of the annual flu season.

With all the research taking place on the C-19 virus and attempts to find a vaccine, I wonder what is happening as the experts prepare for the annual flu.

Then, just for fun, what happens in late summer or early fall when we see couple of bad tornadoes or hurricanes or perhaps a major earthquake in a highly populated area?

Bacon saver

"This is a test", "Of the Emergency Broadcast System", "Test Sat", "Y'all are suckers, doomed cause you fell for this bullshit and you let us control your lives." Well, we haven't recovered yet, and we won't. They won't let us, for as long as possible they will hold on to control. There's a storm coming, mark my words. I honestly don't think one will be prepared for this one.

I'll most likely shit myself

I heard just today that there is a tropical storm brewing in the Atlantic. Thats all we need. The economy could take back off if states will release the folks to go. Here in Tennessee we are getting started in most areas, just slowly. Other places are holding back as long as possible. NY, Michigan, and Cali come to mind right off. My in-laws live in Mi and sounds like the pot is about ready to boil if things don't open up soon.
    Hold on kiddos, it's gonna get real.

Bacon saver

All I'm saying is do your diligence, be humble about your preps. Brush up on your skills, this is will be a "Murphy" we will totally won't know how to play this thing. BUT! We'll be sustainable, for the most "us". Problem is right now there isn't a damn thing we can do about it. We just have to basically watch and wait. OK, I need to get some stuff done today before I think about this too much.

Just a quick check-in from So. California. While the rioting and looting is about 15-25 miles from us we are just fine. The only effect was a county wide curfew that went out on Monday and Tuesday. Wife and I went to Costco and they had to shut down early, they were just closing at 4:30 pm My daughter went to the local Walmart yesterday, Tuesday, at 3:45 and it was closed and the doors barricaded at 3:45p.m.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I noticed on Fox News, and I didn’t catch what city the video was from, but several of the protesters signs were made on cardboard from a brand new flat screen tv box....just sayin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    I heard just today that there is a tropical storm brewing in the Atlantic. Thats all we need. The economy could take back off if states will release the folks to go. Here in Tennessee we are getting started in most areas, just slowly. Other places are holding back as long as possible. NY, Michigan, and Cali come to mind right off. My in-laws live in Mi and sounds like the pot is about ready to boil if things don't open up soon.
    Hold on kiddos, it's gonna get real.
    It would seem that somehow, you are able to predict the future, as you said...it’s gonna get real...and it has.
    Last edited by Domeguy; 06-03-2020 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Speeaeling
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

I get lucky sometimes.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    On an unrelated, but at the same related time a SHTF subject, a Nashville judge has ruled today to instate mail in ballots for the November Presidential election for the state of a Tennessee. I say it’s a possible SHTF situation because in my opinion it will open up a HUGE chance for voter fraud. They say it’s because of the Covid virus, but it came from a Democratic County chancellor who states it will “place undue hardships if not done.” The state will likely appeal it.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

The state BETTER appeal it. This is total bullshit.