Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling any kneeless ants out there.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...

Calling any kneeless ants out there.

So, has any one out here in Antville had a knee replacement within the last year or two. I’ve got some questions about it if you don’t mind. You can PM me or if you wish, you could respond here if you wish.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

For the Love of Cats

My mother in law had hers done last year, does that count?

easy peasy. couple hour surgery, woke her shortly after that, she was walking the corridors an hour later. as soon as she could climb up and down 3 stairs she went home (next day)
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Yep, that counts. It looks like I’ll be getting one within a week or two. Not worried abit about the surgery, mainly wondering about how long it takes until normal activities can be resumed.
    I was doing something really stupid and dangerous, I was making up the bed, one knee moved, the other one didn’t, baddy bing, bad da boom, now I’m screwed. Doc says the bottom of my femur has died due to lack of blood supply. Didn’t know that was a thing. Been using a cane for 7 weeks now, and I got shit to do. Doc has been saying “ well, either it will get better, or it will get worse, set me in a month”. I’ve gone around him and have been making deals with his nurse to get him to see me earlier. So I go Wednesday am to see if he will schedule the surgery, or I’ll go somewhere else. Looks like my entire summer has gone in the crapper. Well, maybe next year.

I'll most likely shit myself

Damn Domey that sucks.
    Wife had the lack of blood thing in her knee after a car wreck. Luckily it was only a small area and Dr was able to trim the bone up.

For the Love of Cats

If you are diligent in your exercises and doing what the doc tells you, you'll be amazed at how fast this will heal (or should), you'll be active and productive before you know it
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Doin some hackin and cuttin on the 22nd. Should be up cuttin grass, workin in the wood shop, grating the driveway with the John Deere by noon on the 23.

I'll most likely shit myself

Good luck Domey. I'll keep you in my prayers. Don't forget the most important thing. Do everything the PT's have you do. They will guide you back.

I thank you, and I’m looking forward to it. This limping around for 1 & 1/2 months with a gimpy leg
    is driving me nuts. The doc asked me this morning when I wanted to schedule it, I told him before lunch. And I promise I will be good, do what the PT’s say, plus I’ve got an ace up my sleeve. I can run some of granny’s rheumatism medicine, that will keep the blood a pumpin.

Walking on Sunshine

Dome, Had mine done 2013 full replacement. It depends on what the doc does and how well you take to the surgery. Went home 3 days after surgery but spent about 1/2-1 month flat on my keister with a machine bending the knee 24/7. See if they have the one that uses distilled water and runs icy water thru the hose semi self contained,(keeps the swelling down, you'll need it) just have to keep it filled with DISTILLED water, the old type, ya have to constantly put ice in for the water to get cold. Second time around,(long story will PM details if ya want) I had that one, man was it a pain to use AND DO ALL THE STUFF THE PT PERSON SAYS TO DO when you get to PT. I'm about 2 years out from second surgery and have full range of motion but you'll definitely feel the difference. Oh yeah Unless they've changed the detectors in some places, just prepare to be patted down. I still set them off even though mine is titanium. Carry your knee replacement card with you. The bigger airports are fine walk through no problems, smaller ones I set the thing off. But then I'm part Borg now so fun times.

Walking on Sunshine

Dome, just a though . What ever you do DO NOT over do it once you're up and around and watch the pain meds, (you WILL need them at least for awhile), they can cause anxiety and sleep trouble. Well at least they did for me. Doc had to cut back the strength after about 2 weeks. then I was fine.