Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Novel Coronavirus 2020 megathread

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    bp praying you get better quickly. I'm sure we're going to see a lot of people going a nutty over this. Stock market went down 1000 points today and the things DH was seeing on the areas he reads said it sounded a bit panicky but one pundit said it's a good time to buy as prices are coming down. We'll be sitting tight and hope this thing gets over as soon as possible but we aren't holding our breaths.
    Thanks Kat. I can always use the prayers. Dr put me back on steroids and a inhaler with steroids in it. Says my lung tissue is inflamed. Lung capacity is about half what it should be. Gotta go back and see him in 2 weeks to see how I'm doing.

As of today one of our companies suppliers (Canada) has advised they are and will remain sold out of N95 masks & hand sanitizer; it is being bought up in bulk for federal preparedness. Only ones to be expected in short term are those in place with retailers, until they sell out very soon I expect.

My wife & I already have ours with our BOB's as forest fire is up there on the hazard list and smoke a consideration, so not concerned, but an indicator of market effect.

I'm doing nothing more than standard; I never touch bathroom handles with my skin! Might have to adapt this to all public door knobs to be safe, but that's about the practical limit for me.

Will be disturbingly curious to see how this affects life this year, in a public health as well as market logistics and general business/stock market sense..!

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Novel Coronavirus 2020 megathread

Well this just hit a lot closer to home. 2-3 new cases of unknown origin in Florida as of an hour or so ago according to the governor and a local hospital. All separate cases in different counties. It seems highly likely that this has been spreading undetected in the United States for some time now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Twitchy, are any of those cases near Jacksonville?

I don't think it was near Jacksonville but I could be wrong. So many unreliable sources out there you can never be sure.

Thanks SolomanCol.

BTW welcome to the forum.

BWRR, Domey, & Keepist, I don't think any of you were in the path of the tornado Tuesday night. I sure hope not. Also, I heard today the first confirmed case of Covid-19 was mentioned today. Hopefully it was no where near you guys.

Well, for us the corona, covid-19 virus has hit very close to home. A local middle school has had a student test positive for the virus. Our next door neighbors have a son who attends that school. We may not socialize very closely the next month!

Yesterday the wife and I made our typical early in the month Costco run. It was so odd to see so many people buy the 2 case maximum of waters. We are good we have water for about a month. The odd thing is, the tap water will be just fine if we are all quarantined.

We are not changing much in terms of our habits. Life goes on. It is believed that the fatality rate of this virus is just a bit higher than the typical flu. However since we both fall into that "elderly" category we are being a bit cautious, not going to extra crowds like games, concerts, etc.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    Well, for us the corona, covid-19 virus has hit very close to home. A local middle school has had a student test positive for the virus. Our next door neighbors have a son who attends that school. We may not socialize very closely the next month!

Yesterday the wife and I made our typical early in the month Costco run. It was so odd to see so many people buy the 2 case maximum of waters. We are good we have water for about a month. The odd thing is, the tap water will be just fine if we are all quarantined.

We are not changing much in terms of our habits. Life goes on. It is believed that the fatality rate of this virus is just a bit higher than the typical flu. However since we both fall into that "elderly" category we are being a bit cautious, not going to extra crowds like games, concerts, etc.
    The case fatality rate increases substantially if you are over the age of 60. Up to 15-20% for those over 80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.