Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Novel Coronavirus 2020 megathread

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Well, the company just announced a reduced work week. now working 4/5 and getting paid accordingly.

At least still working.
    Ok, I guess I like the fact that they keep you working brother, but I still feel this is all bull shit. When all said and done, congrats, you politicians successfully controlled the population. They fell for it. Sorry brother, not against you or your country, I'm saying all of them. We are the losers here. I'm just sittin back waitin and I pray for the innocent in the next few weeks. Aaaaaannnnnd I hope I'm wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Well I will be stuck here it looks like till at least June, so at least I am getting paid, and with all the over time better than before. Just really sucks I can't be home, or at least have the ability to get home.
    You my friend I would like to hear is back stateside where you belong right now. I'm sure the family might be alright but If there's anything you need. Feel free.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

Controlling the population?? you're kidding right?

For every million that die from this 5 million will be born.

This isolation is going to see the biggest baby boon this planet has ever seen!

- - - Updated - - -

Controlling the population?? you're kidding right?

For every million that die from this 5 million will be born.

This isolation is going to see the biggest baby boon this planet has ever seen!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I bet the net death toll is way down during this crisis. Just think of the reductions in car accidents, work accidents, gang violence, abortions being stopped, etc. plus like sniper said, the giant baby boom coming.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

For the Love of Cats

robberies and attempted robberies at grocery stores ( superstore) started here today in the parking lots... be aware, heads on swivels... and for God's sake, protect yourself!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

CC Gray Panther
    Update on virus :

109 cases in Stark county
    22 in hospital
    8 dead

State wide :

4450 cases state wide
    1214 in hospital
    143 dead

4 dead at Alliance senior care facility bringing total to 8 in Stark. About 11 or 12 miles from my house.

Walking on Sunshine

eagle hope you're staying well. It's not to bad so far here, DH and I are still alive, well and kicking here. Talked to Son2 the other morning. He's still doing okay but he had to send a worker home the other day(coughing) and he's got one of his oldies(one of his meat cutters) coming in for couple of hours before the 10 pm closing to cut, wrap the meat for the next day. Said the guys wife wanted him out of the house HA HA HA. Just joking, he is down 1/2 of his staff now. As it's the meat department its cleaned regularly but he did say he's been extra extra vigilant.Has gotten many compliments, told his boss (store mgr) "My mamma taught me good" LOL. All meat is wrapped and in the open cases, they won't slice or cut meat if you want it then and there. IF they have it in the back they'll get that, slice/cut, wrap it and hand it to you. Company he works for sent out memo. IF employee (EE) or immediate member of EE in the home has virus, they are to stay home and Company will pay them their regular hours. Son2 says that has given his people some peace of mind. Stores are taking temps before they are let in though. He also said they are getting stock in now that the crazies aren't grabbing everything off the shelves and he let me know I can't use my bags anymore, gotta use the plastic ones,YUK. All in all he told us things are getting better. His store has a lot of the "gimme dat" folks and with the buses shut down traffic has slowed a bit but he's still busy.
    Legislature is meeting today on Gov's request to extend the disaster powers but we believe they will only give 30 days not the 70 she wants. If that happens we'll be shut down till June, will have to contact airline to see what I can do about the ticket we booked for me back before this started. Just hoping they'll refund the $ (non refundable ticket) but more than likely they will only let me exchange it for a ticket later on this year. Who knows maybe they will refund. Not holding my breath though. Gov also is making noises "suggesting " places like Lowe's close down as it's felt they aren't "essential", HORSE HOCKEY. We have some minor projects we've wanted to do but put off 'cause life intruded. DH wants to get the garden going too. Cleaned out the boxes the other day and we have to rebuild the boxes(10 years old), last year was really hard on them and we need some things so hopefully she won't force them to close. Stores are finally getting smart and only letting 2 people in a group go into the stores. They can't bring the whole family in with them now. Read on another site one lady saw a couple of as she put it baby mamas try to bring the 5-6 kids in with them. She said security stopped them and those two went off on the guards but they stood fast didn't let them in. The idiots left she said cussing and carrying on with the rug rats behind them. Her words not mine. Nephew posted the hospital(TX) where he works is not accepting "home made" masks or gowns so the hospital is issuing paper ones and get this "sanitizing " them and reusing them. Found out my niece is home, had an emergency appendectomy a week ago, so she's out for at least 6-8 weeks at home.Her mom is glad but at the same time sad as her daughter is an high risk obstetric nurse and that will leave the department short And babies are still being born. Sorry to ramble on. Stay safe, God bless all

CC Gray Panther
    Wish you and your's the best Katrina . As for us we'll good to go.
    Daughter works in pharmacy at hospital . They have their own private entrance with temperature taken before entering . She's very cautious in all she does . Runs house like hospital. Wife and I call her nurse Kratchet .

Her and I are the only 2 who venture out to various stores . 99% it's me who does the shopping among the wildlife out there . Wife is restricted by us as she has a weakened immune system at this time . So basically I let daughter stay home if possible to work with wife .

I figure us Nam vets may have some left over anti bodies left over from taking the malaria pills in Vietnam . So It's better for me to venture out than them . While practicing common sense and cleanliness.

Just think if we actually did we'd be the cure walking .
    Last edited by eagle326; 04-07-2020 at 11:48 PM.

I'll most likely shit myself

Glad you guys are doing ok Kat and Eagle. We are doing well. Mostly staying home, ordering food on-line and picking it up as needed. I need to do a Lowes run myself, need lumber for a project and want to pick up more plants for the garden.
    Our county has 41 cases and 3 deaths. They were all very high risk folks. So many around here are just ignoring the virus and running around. I hate being stuck here, but we are making good use of the time.
    Hope everyone stays safe.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Glad you guys are doing ok Kat and Eagle. We are doing well. Mostly staying home, ordering food on-line and picking it up as needed. I need to do a Lowe's run myself, need lumber for a project and want to pick up more plants for the garden.
    Our county has 41 cases and 3 deaths. They were all very high risk folks. So many around here are just ignoring the virus and running around. I hate being stuck here, but we are making good use of the time.
    Hope everyone stays safe.

Glad you and southern belle are good son. Yea we still have some who act as if the world is all good and ignoring instructions . They'll be the one's crying for help if they catch it . Darwin's theory in action .

Run Low Drive On

Walking on Sunshine

Glad to hear you're all doing good..So far. Legislature has only given the Gov. to end of month with the emergency powers but DH and I feel she'll come back and request another 30 days end of the month because some idiots in the State don't seem to want to listen and stay home. Just heard a mailman has come down with the virus, I think down by Detroit area.Heard from sister from another mother (my BFF), niece is back to work. She's a high risk obstetric nurse, just praying she's ok. It's too soon after her appendectomy but babies are still being born and her area is so shorthanded right now due to the virus. she felt she had to go back. Talked to SIL in NV. My brother did get shampoo LOL but he's not happy, cost him 9 bucks for the bottle. She said it was one of those as he calls it fru fru shampoos. She's working from home but as he's in construction, still has to go out to do the inspections and punch lists.But being very careful. Other Brother and SIL are doing ok, he's working from home but as they live on site of her job (manager of storage facility deemed critical), he's driving her crazy right now. So she put together a "honey do " list to get him outta her hair. Baby Sister's doing ok in VA. Waiting to hear from other sis. So we're all well and still chugging along but I'm running outta crossword puzzles to do . Got a note from baby bro in WA apologizing for being an idiot Seems ALL 4 of the sibs got on his butt too, wonder why?? LOL, Could be big sis spread the word??? AND he just found out someone in another section of the docks(he's never had contact with that area or personnel) there has come down with the virus. SO he's glad he's off work now and staying safe.Hope you all stay safe God bless