Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Novel Coronavirus 2020 megathread

Hi Sniper-T,

Ive been trying to get out of the city for years, but I don't think it will happen. However the wife has brought it up a couple times in the last few days. If we change to homeschooling for our kids, it just might happen.

Are you in Northern Manitoba?

I just read something about the cash stigma.
    https://business.financialpost.com/o...it-not-so-fast
    The future belongs to those who prepare for it.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

The only time one should “fight fair” is when one is engaged in play.

I'll most likely shit myself

Thanks Metro. I am feeling much better than 3-4 weeks ago. Endurance is coming back some to. Just a ways to go now. I'll get there. Hope you are able to find a place out in the country.

OT, I like your planning for the radio comms at the ranges you want to operate. Repeaters are nice, but I don't hold out hope for them staying up during a major disaster. HF is the way to go for sure. Downside is cost and not near as many folks have the gear or license to operate there. Balancing act for sure.

Agree..and well said....backpacker..

Here and a note to the wise....decide carefully.....,

Got a call today from someone who knows I reload much of my own ammo in the calibers I have.

They were looking for .223/5.56mm ammo as the shelves are bare...

However...

I know that this person is a type of good time Charlie.....living the good life and spending monies and not putting much back.

Bewarned...of people who did not prep during good times.....

I have this nightmare ….which crops up occasionally ….of being stuck on that famous Desert Island with 400 people who only know how to text..

You decide for yourself and your group.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Metrocruiser View Post
    Hi Sniper-T,

Are you in Northern Manitoba?
    Nope... I'm out in the country near Richer (SE of Wpg)
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Bacon saver

So I can't say I'm enjoying this, BUT! Watchin everyone do the "Pee-Pee" dance tryin to get shitpaper, BB's, beans, an powder does make me chuckle every now and then. Went a visited the kids and grand baby up at Ft. Campbell this weekend. Made it up there in record time, NO TRAFFIC! All is well up there and we'll be sending them pampers. We had Beef Welington, picked up the ingredients on the way with no issues. Even had the butcher center cut me a 3.3lb tenderloin, oh yeah. We are business as usual here. Workin on the house, Lowe's just delivered the new washer and dryer, yeah. We saw all the cleaned out shelves, basically stuff we have had because that's the way we live. Practice what ya preach. Oh......beer, gotta work on the beer thing. Oh, and Reece's Easter Eggs. Keep up the great work people, because if this shit keeps up for a couple more weeks. The "Weaks" are going to get restless and we're going to have some issues in the big cities. Stupid is as stupid does I reckon. Keep your shit together people and help those "in need" watch your six. And don't forget to love your enemy, uh congressman, uh, politician, I mean neighbor cause ya might have to shoot his donkey. Peace, Love, an No Underwear!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Walking on Sunshine

BRR Can send ya some Reese's Eggs if ya really need them. Trade ya some yeast, LOL there isn't a scrap of yeast around here.
    Seriously will send ya some if you need them. I'm covered on the yeast. Can't get my wheat berries though,did find a farm couple towns over that grows its own NGO wheat, so I'll be heading out there to get more if they still have any. May have to wait until this summer to pick up more.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Atta boy! I knew I could draw you to the right side... see sig line 2

what flavour bbq sauce?
    K.C. Masterpiece, sweet and tangy...but please note, just adding to the dogs food that the wife got...not the cats. She got a registered black lab puppy, or as I call her...that eating and shiting machine. Not my idea!
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    The missus and I were planning on taking the RV up to Illinois to visit my sister. They were planning their 45th anniversary party, but their small town decided to close down the meeting hall they were going to have it in due to virus control, so we canceled the trip. I was going to provide the liquid refreshment, which I had made ahead of time, so on the plus side, now I’ve got several gallons of alcohol to be able to turn into hand sanitizer.
    Don’t know where everyone else lives on here, but we live in a very small county in TN, with very sparse population. So for us, so far, it’s like this virus outbreak is happening in another country. Wide spaces between yourself and the closest neighbor. No one here in the county has been tested positive, but I know that could change in a heartbeat.

************If anyone here is really hurting for something, let me know. If I don’t have it, maybe we can get it in the county we’re you can’t in the city************
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    K.C. Masterpiece, sweet and tangy...but please note, just adding to the dogs food that the wife got...not the cats. She got a registered black lab puppy, or as I call her...that eating and shiting machine. Not my idea!
    Hey Domey, I like KC Masterpeice. But have you ever tried Sweet baby Rays BBQ sauce? To me it is a whole nuther step up.

Glad to hear you guys are doing ok. How close were you and BWRR to the Tornados that hiot down that way a few weeks back?

- - - Updated - - -

We are just staying around the house mostly. Have went out a couple times for specific items we wanted and for a recon trip just to see what things were looking like. Otherwise I'm working from home. Wife was told to stay home at least thru next week. Kinda getting a taste of retirement. So far everything has went just fine. No issues at all. Had plenty of food to eat on in the fridge and pantry. Picked up a few things to stretch that out further. Wife has been ordering food on line and we just go pick it up in the parking lot.