Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Novel Coronavirus 2020 megathread

Where I live in SoCal, a bit east of Pasadena, most people are heeding the stay home request/edict. The majority of people are using a facemask if they go out. I personally know one older gentleman who played in a community band with me in Burbank who was diagnosed with the C-19 on 3/20 and on 3/23 passed away. He was in good health but was 93! In the actual city where I live there are no reported cases of the virus. I have followed the reported death rate and I am getting about 2.5% of those who have tested positive have died. Not as deadly as many had thought, but it is certainly easier to spread this bug.

We have been having a long session, for us, of early spring rain. Since Sunday it has been one storm after another, with perhaps no more than 3 hours between!. That is good since we were behind on on rainfall and the snowpack in the Sierra Mountains was below average. Since a great deal of California water is dependent on that snowpack it is a welcome storm.

Due to my schedule from mid-December to early April I rarely get to the gun range to do a little practice. Now, I can't get out due to this virus.

In many communities gun stores have been declared "non-essential" and closed. That is an order that is being challenged as unconstitutional and we will have to see what the lower courts here say. If I do get to a range, I will have to be wise in expending practice ammo!

Bacon saver

Many things to comment on.......WE are GTG. Passed electrical ruf in inspection, now we have a green light to button the additions up. So we are continuing on. Things around here locally for the most part seem to be quiet, domestic dsiputes picking up, more sick but that is expected. "Baby Boom" good one! Guess they're done with the sex part, now they're out robbin people. Slappin each other around. OK, we'll see how the next week goes, eh? No pun intended "Sniper"
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

For the Love of Cats

there have been a few muggings and robberies in grocery store parking lots around here recently, enough to warrant police presence in a couple areas.

Liquor stores are still big targets for teens. Many you have to scan ID even to get in.

Last week, a group of youths robbed one, and took the cops on a high speed chase, smashing into vehicles until the cops finally cornered them. Then they rammed a cruiser and an altercation ensued resulting in a cop shooting and killing a 16 year old girl.

Expect an escalation if enough of the wrong kind of people get desperate enough!

I've started locking my doors at night, and am prepared for a home invasion (also not uncommon lately)
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Moore County here in Tennessee is still 100% virus free. We are 1 of 7 counties in the state with no virus infections. It might change, but so far, we are taking social distancing seriously. If Jack Daniels had not stopped doing the tours about a month or so ago, I feel we would have been wiped off the map. We are the second smallest county in Tennessee, and most people just drive through with no reason to stop now.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Bacon saver

SHIT MAN! Don't go tellin everyone we ain't got no virus round here. Sum bitches'll come from allover justa infect our asses. Way ta go, damn. I'mona come over there'n kick ya down that hill again.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    SHIT MAN! Don't go tellin everyone we ain't got no virus round here. Sum bitches'll come from allover justa infect our asses. Way ta go, damn. I'mona come over there'n kick ya down that hill again.
    Hell I don't even there B.W.R. but you should give Domey a kick from me also.
    I'm wonderingg if he got dropped on his head a few times as a youngin' .

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    All open knowledge on this fancy new internet thingy
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Walking on Sunshine

Geez Packing the kids and animals up now. We'll be down in a NY minute. Just Kidding guys!! That is phenomenal. Hope you all stay virus free. So far it isn't too bad here but I don't know how long we have before more and more come down with the virus around here. DH and I stay home unless we (I) have to get scripts and other foodstuffs ie produce and dairy, I'm good on most everything else. I'm real picky about who handles the food so I will go out and pick it up. So I do the shopping, DH brings in the mail and takes a walk, weather permitting but other than that we are cogitating at home just waiting for the weather to get better so we can get the garden going. IF I can get some things, Not sure if Lowe's and Menard's will let us in to get the stuff, Thanks Guv. I got some seed but we need to rebuild the (10 yr old) boxes and get the dirt for them.
    DIL2 's school just learned last week one of the janitors that packs the food (at central location) has come down with the virus. So because Son2 is in public daily and he and Grandson 2 have asthma, her boss told her to stay home just be on the safe side. So far none of them has shown any signs but they have another week or so of watching themselves and the kids carefully.Easter was VERY quiet this year. The kids were bummed they couldn't come here and hunt Easter Eggs and play with the aunts, uncles and cousins.We all stayed home, so first time in over 40 years no one was here for Easter. I pray this thing gets licked soon.I'm having grand kid withdrawal symptoms. Speaking of which, BRR how's that grand baby doing??

My wife has made a few trips to the store. I did very early on, but have stayed home under house arrest! Since I am considered an at risk person, age+history of bronchitis+some cancer history, I am playing it safe. We did go down to my daughter's home today and do some yard work for her. She was injured at work and unable to push a lawn mower so I took care of it today.

I keep wondering if here in Southern California had some early exposure to the virus back in late Nov. to mid January. We do Prescribe some have a decent amount of tourism from China and a number of business people who visit. Indeed my brother in law even spent a week in Wuhan a few years ago!. A few months back lots of people were getting pretty sick, the doctors would say, "You got a bug of something. but not flu." They would suggest rest, lots of liquids and everyone seemed to recover. Having said that I did have a musician friend that I last worked with on Feb. 29th. He was 93 but and succumbed to the virus around Mar. 23.

Stay safe all, but let's do what we can to get the economy moving!

Bacon saver

Too late, we already been infected, done closed the damn local market down...............