Been keeping low here. WM is, by virtue of selling medicines, food, and guns, "essential" and therefore am still working. Nicely full of hours, as my supervisor has a low version of COPD and judged it'd be safer for her to take two weeks off. The procedures WM has put in play were done so incrementally.

Kinfolk, the media has ramped up large amounts of panic on all this. Busy screaming about the logical hotspots and trying to spook folks into that the whole damn country is like NYC or LA or SF.

I don't much like the money handout. OH, yes, necessary... but not with all the damned pork pelosi and schiff and the rest of the left stuck in it. I won't see a cent, as I have been working all through this. And will continue to do so. Living by my self, no social doings, no family...

The low national body count speaks to me that the bug has been in country a lot longer than the official Chinese say-so. Down here in TN there is this annual thing here called "the crud". I'm willing to believe that a lot of people had the Wuhan bug and took it to be the crud and just soldiered on. (Vegas didn't have the crud... allergies all to hell from all the non-native plants, and living in a cross between a mixing bowl and a wind tunnel...mine was olive pollen)

This has been a slow motion SHTF. Though I would prefer to beat the tar out of him as opposed to quote him, Rahm Emanuel was correct: Don't let a crisis go to waste. And this one is very good at letting people see how their preps worked or didn't work, and what sort of fixes need to be in place if any.

A lot of folks got hunting and fishing licenses during this. Makes sense...exercise, sunshine, fresh air, by yourself.

Oh, and by the way... URI's like Wuhan, as a general rule, tend to slow down the the GI tract, as do their meds. So all these ijits filling every closetspace with TP only have two advantages: TP doesn't have a shelf life, and as much as they bought, will likely not need any more for a long long time.

Yr ob'nt and surly
Kesephist
KI7CIL