Thread: Novel Coronavirus 2020 megathread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    By Sniper T,

Around here, at least in the cities, stores that are open are refusing cash. plastic only!!

I imagine that that will change at some point soon, so I am also pulling cash!
    small bills
    I'm not so sure it is going to change ….but stay a cashless society.

The ultimate "Herding Scheme" is a cashless society....being able to totally know what people are doing....and where they are at any given time...what they are buying and how much. Are they a threat to the system??

Between cell phones, our modern cars and the coming "Cashless Society.." it will be total control. Our technology telling on us. The Ultimate Herding Scheme.

Such radical plans work best if instituted under the guise of an Emergency. Problem historically is that when or if the emergency is over...the government seldom gives the power back to the people when they ..or someone behind the government is making a killing off this rigged structure in place.

It will be absolute power...divine right of kings..feudalism….royalty..the very system our founders sought to prevent by limited government.....buckle up....this will not be limited government.

Went to Bass Pro yesterday while out getting some other prepps…..for a few reloading supplies..

Most of the bullets were gone in suitable calibers..particularly pistol..and AR calibers....so too the powders.

Managed to get the last can of Bullseye and two boxes of Hornady 180 grain spire points...interlock bullets...and put them away. I am mostly sat for reloading supplies but noted the run on such items. Don't think they will be restocking any time soon.

Will pass this status off to my friend via ham radio ….some 400 miles west of me in Tennessee.

We set up our Ham radios years ago....with an emergency secondary link in mind should many regular systems be shut down....land lines or cell phones.

We envisioned war or Islamic Terrorism..but not this virus....

Nonetheless we do have arrangements to reach each other and schedules...etc etc.

Thinking this may be important as well as resourceful later down the road.

Have set up two VHF/UHF radio stations up in Central Virginia..among preppers that they can keep in touch with each other.

This will not work out if the repeater should go down for any reason.

I contacted one of them early in this morning and they were able to hear me clearly about 110 miles away...but not transmit though I had them key up the repeater to note if they were working well and in range. I noted their signal...good and strong early in the morning. Contact at these ranges works best early in the morning or late night. the other station is about 125 miles out from here.
    They are using mobile VHF radios and or Baofeng Walkie Talkies with an adapter and a base station antenna hooked up to the Baofeng Walkie talkies. The mobile radios run between 20 and 45 watts and the Baofeng walkie talkies 5 watts.
    The 440 MHZ bands we are trying to stay away from them as the range is too short without heavy/complex directional antennas.
    These are FM mode radios.

HF/High Frequency long range will be the way to go without a repeater but most do not have the training or the radios...and these radios are expensive. A little bit above the AM broadcasting band. 75 meters or 40 meters.. This is Single Side Band mode...SSB. Very good at longer ranges.

Or if it comes to it....radio pirating....free lancing...to keep in communication. Similar to what we used to do out of the CB bands.

The limit here will be our knowledge, training, and resourcefulness.
    I am grateful for the old timers teaching me to fabricate my own antennas. I am not dependent on the system for antennas....in this case a base station antenna.

Been buying solid 3/8 diameter aluminum rods from true value hard ware stores for years along with aluminum angle bar for the purpose of putting back antenna materials.
    Also put back several rolls of 12 gauge black stranded wire in 500 foot lengths..from Lowes...this too for making olde fashioned wire antennas.

My base station antenna here is one of those 500 foot rolls of 12 gauge wire.....hoisted up into my trees to form an olde fashioned loop antenna and on it I can tune in the ham bands...CB radio and even AM/FM Radio. I have built another antenna for the really high frequency stuff.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 03-21-2020 at 03:59 PM.