Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus 2020 SHTF Ready members help line

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    Sucks....Hope they're keepin ya fed. An plenty of shit paper of course.
    We actually have no shortages here. Well no more than normal. They are closing the mall here on Thursday, but so far everything is open.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    You don't have a airplane that could pick me up in Guyana do you?
    I found an old number for PanAm. I think we can get you a Yankee Clipper down there in a few weeks...just sit tight.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

I was laid off last week with 75% of my 500ish person company, but my wife still has her position, so pretty good generally. Never applied for EI before...weird thing to not be working. On the plus side I can do other things in the daytime and keep up on things.

Economic recovery in my tourist trap will be slow for sure, and my company had most of its revenue from conference groups. Just hoping to get recalled in summer, as the few jobs around here will be heavily applied for.

Feeling good about having a courier driver as a contact, as he brought in flour, sugar & pasta from a larger center. Just in time to see the run on these (+rice) happen there!

In some scenarios I was concerned with city folk occupying the parks/mountains/woods, but this case is reassuringly different; parks/camping are closed & towns posting signs to not enter unless resident. Guessing our town won't have much issues keeping the 2 large supermarkets stocked without tourists. Most locals are some degree of outdoors-capable & equipped.

Another 4 more days of self-isolation with my wife (working from home) and I can shop for myself again (she got back from travel & I picked her up at airport, so same timeline). Will also do periodic drop-offs of 'Morale Cookies' to 2-3 places at work and to other people. Being a nice guy as I've baking skills, but also a way to keep up on info. Happy security staff have interesting things to say.

So I guess I most need a psychic to tell me what's coming! =)

For the Love of Cats

Whoa! Sucks Marthony; but at least you're prepped!

It should be fairly easy to send things w/in Canada, so if you're lacking anything that I can help with, let me know!!

Once off quarantine, if you're looking for work, talk to the open stores, shops and restaurants in town... around here they're hurting for delivery drivers.

everything is paid for by cc, and dropped off on step, so no contact.

T.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Thanks Sniper-T!

Will have to wait for the social distancing policies to be lifted, as restaurants are presently giving driver jobs to the staff they have on hand - as there's no in-venue seating. The entire town is shut minus hardware, liquor/pot, medical, gas & food. Our local paper just noted town unemployment at 85%.

With a bit of luck the transient worker population will drop far enough that upon business resuming, competition for available jobs will be reasonable. I'll try to secure a j.o.b. as able while waiting to be recalled. As it stands the ski hill crew will leave early, leaving a gap before the summer crew would start coming. I used to work as a junior recruiter and know the tactics to use.

Regardless, we're well positioned with being half employed, no debts and with savings, both vehicles paid for & up to spec, all medical up to date & on no medications. I stripped down my expenses years ago in my get out of debt campaign.

On another plus note, while pandemics weren't on my event list to be prepared for (floods, forest fires, vehicle breakdown, hazardous train derailments), exposure to preparedness concepts have given me some emotional antibodies to help deal with this. Some concepts have multi-event value; self isolation is really bugging in on easy setting. =)

I'll most likely shit myself

Your right about htis being a semi bug in. That is exactly how we are playing it. Got more time to work on some smaller projects that need doing. And getting things in order.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    So after the quarantine is over, will the producers of “My 600 lb. life” just find me...or do I contact them...how does work. Pass me The Twinkees please.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by Domeguy View Post
    So after the quarantine is over, will the producers of “My 600 lb. life” just find me...or do I contact them...how does work. Pass me The Twinkees please.
    Send in a picture ; remember to use the wide angle lens.

Decided to not go to Wally World/Wal Mart as much as possible. Though I go about heeled..and for some time now....I believe that as this thing goes on …"The Entitlement Minded/Forever a Victim Class" will begin to haunt those places...and their parking lots.

Thinking it is time to cut those strings as much as possible.

Been going to the local Food Lion....though well heeled all the time..and for awhile now.

Not looking for trouble....but trying to avoid it and any two legged wild life out there.

I am also looking for a lot of deliberately manufactured/nurtured social unrest between now and the election.

The forever Blame Game to go with the Entitlement Minded/Forever a Victim Class.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

Bacon saver

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    We actually have no shortages here. Well no more than normal. They are closing the mall here on Thursday, but so far everything is open.
    You have a mall?..........Hey guys, Helo's got a mall!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.