Thread: the Pareto principle.....or the 80/20 rule..

the Pareto principle.....or the 80/20 rule..

If this virus business continues to go on.....some of you need to be aware of the Pareto Principle.....the 80/20 rule...

Villfredo Pareto...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

In most groups ….20% of the people do 80% of the work.

80% of the people do 20% of the work.

I found this out years ago after hurricane Katrina and taking in some 8 extra people as I was the only one with a generator for some 9 or 10 days.

I don't plan on doing that again...for it clearly and quickly stood out ...those who could and would do and those who waited around for the Buffet line to be set up and just show up to eat.

In a prepper group you want mostly people from the 20 % group....not the 80%.

This is very difficult when children are involved....particularly in the day and time of disposable diapers....plastic and battery toys.

It is going to show up....clearly as to why in years past...our parents and grandparents were so strict on children.

And some of us are well aware that many many adults out here are nothing more than overgrown children living in Disneyland....a television and or movie education as I am so often want to call it.....High Maintenance...and know it not.

If this business with the virus goes on for a lengthy period...longer than projected....this is going to change significantly the way we as Americans live and take for granted our economic affluence.

The 80% are going to start showing up quickly.

To me many of them were the non preppers who bitched and whined about "hoarders" while they mostly prepped for the weeks game on the Television....then screamed Unfair....unfair labor practice...when the shelves went bare...

Be Warned the 80/20 rule or the Pareto Principle...

My non Ishmaelite .02,

Orangetom

While I am thinking about it.....with the significant switch to manufacturing PPE...Personal Protective Equipment....

Have the diaper manufactures also switched over to PPE manufacturing???

I ask this because if so many States switch to lockdown..or going to...in 9 months there is going to be a very significant demand for diapers...don't you think????

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

I'll most likely shit myself

IMO many of the 80% have already showed their face. That was the ones that made the run on TP and so many other things.

And yes they will do nothing other than eat and take all they can get from the 20%. At least the ones that allow it to happen.