Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gardens 2020

I'll most likely shit myself

GM, look into high or low tunnels to extend the growing season on both ends. Also, cold frames to allow a much earlier start if you are starting lots from seed.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

My tomatoes are doing great, and we just planted a bunch of spinach and lettuce. Way to much for us to eat, but will feed to the animals.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

Backpacker,
    I've recently started a new hobby that should make it much easier to start my garden next year.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

Walking on Sunshine

Well, got the last of the peppers, carrots and pearl onions out of the garden yesterday.Time to get the boxes cleared out and stowed for the winter and start planning for next spring.Was able to save the acorn seeds this year and we have a few packets of seeds from this year. Will be storing them for next year as well.

I'll most likely shit myself

We are still picking okra, bell peppers, Jalapenos, & banana peppers. Still got parsnips in the ground. They are growing but still small. Gonna let them go until we get a heavy frost.
    Placed 2 orders for my onions for 2021. One batch due in late Feb. The other batch mid April, those are storage onions.
    Gonna start placing my seed orders for 2021 as soon as the new seed start showing up in the catalogs. Also if anyone plans to do drip irrigation in the future https://www.dripdepot.com/ has a site wide 20% off sale that runs through October. They run this every year and I picked up my stuff last year and it worked out great. I'm looking stuff over to see what needs replacing and to get some other stuff to add to what I have.