Thread: Carrying basic equipment

Administrator

Carrying basic equipment

This video went viral a couple of weeks and shows the importance of carrying the right equipment. You can hear the runner say out loud he wishes he had his gun.

He did the right thing and backed away slowly. I just don't know why it took him so long to chuck a rock at it. I was thinking if he didn't have his gun why wasn't he carrying bear or some sort of pepper spray?

This time of the year animals are coming lower into the valleys to eat the foliage and chase prey. I'm a little more uneasy this time of year when I am in the mountains because of the likely hood of running into a deadly predator.

I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

I live full time at the base of the foothills in the Los Angeles suburbs. We have every animal that is in the hillside around our area, bears are regulars in my yard, as are coyotes, skunk, opossum, snakes, squirrels. While we have seen mountain lion a few times, they are not regulars in our area. NOBODY, who is a regular runner or bicyclist in the area goes out without bear spray.

For the Love of Cats

I spend a lot of time in the wilderness amongst the animal... except during hunting season, I rarely carry a gun... just my edc knife.

bears typically run away, but wolverines and badgers wont back down. wolves, coyotes, and all cats need to be starving to threaten people.

Then again, there are always exceptions to every rule.
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.