Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A few days from MAJOR SHTF?

Bacon saver

Yup FUBAR.......so I'm currently rebuilding the the rearend in the K5 for LadyHK. Seems the spider gears are not happy. Startin to disappear. So I'm fittin that, flushin the brakes, transmission fluid change and catch what ever else I see while I got it on my friends lift. Keepin it all runnin. At's all I can do. For now....something else will come up I'm sure. I'm already pissed off. So I'd rather be makin shit run! Makes me feel better.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    I am just on hold. Keeping things from falling apart on the homestead, but keeping ready to jump into some kind of action what ever it might be. Although at a slower pace than I might have been several years ago.

Just curious, what is the average age of each of us on here. As someone who just turned 60, I fully remember the generation who fought in WW2, Korea, Vietnam, and the entire middle eastern skirmish. I fear too many young people who voted this new administration into power have no idea of the sacrifices so many made for this country. And now the are being brainwashed into believing everything will be “FREE” for them, not knowing that nothing in life is truely free. Someone will have to eventually pay up, and that will be the taxpayer...circling back to the ones thinking it was free.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

I'll most likely shit myself

Turned 60 last October myself. Gettin old ain't no fun. LOL

Between being slammed at work the past 3 years, and this one is starting out even worse, and trying to get stuff done around here to try and produce more of our own food we haven't done much of anything else. Wife had Covid in Dec and still ain't fully over that. Just tryin to keep on keepin one

may be in trouble

60 come July.

My father the tank driver, my two great uncles at Normandy...

And as long as 46* and/or kammy the kommunist keep polluting the White House, I am staying on "plus 10".

CC Gray Panther
    70 years old here .
    Come Aug. 17th. this year will be 50 years that I left Vietnam coming home .
    Doesn't seem that long ago .

I suppose I need to be happy that the events I was slightly expecting did not take place. My daughter's boy friend was giving us this line on shit was expected to happen on the weekend on Jan. 15. I did not post it and will not post it as I never want to be the one spreading rumors. I gave it about a 10-15% chance of happening. Just that I believed it COULD happen is reason to be concerned with things.

Essentially the rumor was that national martial law would have been declared, many high ranking politicians arrested, as well as governors and charged with treason, etc. I will say that while I did not give it MUCH credence, my wife and I did do a little check on our preps, added some things and tightened up a bit. Made sure propane tanks were full. That would probably have resulted in full scale civil war, something very few want.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Gonna hit 54 here next month.
    Finally out of the city, been in the country 2 1/2yrs. Unfortunately, the homesteading thing isn't coming along as hoped, but we're working on it.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

I'll most likely shit myself

Ain't none of it comes quick. We've been here 25 years and still so far behind I can't see my way clear. Wouldn't trade it for anything though.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Socalman View Post
    I suppose I need to be happy that the events I was slightly expecting did not take place. My daughter's boy friend was giving us this line on shit was expected to happen on the weekend on Jan. 15. I did not post it and will not post it as I never want to be the one spreading rumors. I gave it about a 10-15% chance of happening. Just that I believed it COULD happen is reason to be concerned with things.

Essentially the rumor was that national martial law would have been declared, many high ranking politicians arrested, as well as governors and charged with treason, etc. I will say that while I did not give it MUCH credence, my wife and I did do a little check on our preps, added some things and tightened up a bit. Made sure propane tanks were full. That would probably have resulted in full scale civil war, something very few want.
    Don’t worry about spreading rumors, the same rumors were bouncing around here in TN, GA, and Al. And like you, I think most people thought there was a chance of it happening, and we all stepped up in the prepping agenda, even non preppers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Gonna hit 54 here next month.
    Finally out of the city, been in the country 2 1/2yrs. Unfortunately, the homesteading thing isn't coming along as hoped, but we're working on it.
    Is homesteading the same thing as becoming self sufficient?
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

47 years old here.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson