Thread: DH surgery

Walking on Sunshine

DH surgery

Just an note,DH came through like a trooper. Doctor said he had no knee left but everything got fixed. Surgery was Tuesday and due to his platelet count(and Medicare) he stayed overnight. They had to infuse him with platelets during surgery. PT guy came yesterday and will be back today and for the next 2-3 days, then I get to haul DH to the "REAL" PT, LOL. Son2 came over Wednesday and helped me get the old man in the house. DH had to get his first CV shot prior to the surgery and he goes back on the 12th. Got mine Tuesday, between no sleep and the shot, I was pretty loopy Wednesday. We have DH in the guest room with the bunk beds as the lower bunk is closer to the ground for him. Had to put in a TV for him 'cause he can't do stairs right now and I had to go out and get a baby monitor so I can hear him if I'm in the basement or doing laundry (it's in the garage) if he needs something rather than him yelling for me. Marvelous invention that, works great. I have been able to help him in the middle of the night. So far so good, he just has to remember to try and bend the knee when he's walking up and down the hall. Hope all are still safe. My nephews in Texas said it's still pretty gruesome but they had power back in 48 hours. Nephew ( the nurse) sliced open his finger the other day, his neighbor, also medical, stitched it up for him.. Hospital he works at had good back up gennies so he been busy. Well PT guy is here gotta go stay safe all

I'll most likely shit myself

Glad he's doing well. Just gonna take time. PT will suck, but gotta do it to get back to where he needs to be.
    My prayers are with you both.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Glad to hear he is doing OK. He will hate his PT at first, but it will get better every day. Just make sure he does his homework exercises. They are crucial for recovery.
    "Teach the children quietly
    For someday sons and daughters
    Will rise up and fight while we stood still"

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Glad to hear things are going well, it just takes time.
    Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers.
    Liberty is a Man-Of-War, and we are all crew.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Glad to hear things are as well as can be! PT can suck but its needed to regain full mobility.
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Walking on Sunshine

Oh yeah Twitchy. First Pt session was yesterday, DH crashed after I got him home. He's working on moving the knee but as I keep telling him it's gonna be slow going. He's got another session Wednesday and on Thursday. Then for the next 4 weeks as well. Son2 is going to come over tomorrow and help me get the rest of the Christmas stuff put away. Due to the deep freeze and the 3 ft of snow (with blowing and drifting 5 ft in front of the shed) we weren't able to get it all put away. Now that we are in a pseudo spring thaw we're able to get the stakes out of the ground and the figures back into the shed LOL.The enclosed back deck has been "storing" the stuff till we could get into the shed. So I have Christmas on the back deck HA HA HA.Been trying to get an "appointment with Secretary of State office for DH's handicap placard but earliest I can do that is END of APRIL. But if I get on by 8AM I MAY be able to do a next day appointment. Tried this am and at noon but no luck. I may just have to call them. I'm getting crabby in my old age LOL.Well I hope you all are doing well and are staying safe.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Oh yeah Twitchy. First Pt session was yesterday, DH crashed after I got him home. He's working on moving the knee but as I keep telling him it's gonna be slow going. He's got another session Wednesday and on Thursday. Then for the next 4 weeks as well. Son2 is going to come over tomorrow and help me get the rest of the Christmas stuff put away. Due to the deep freeze and the 3 ft of snow (with blowing and drifting 5 ft in front of the shed) we weren't able to get it all put away. Now that we are in a pseudo spring thaw we're able to get the stakes out of the ground and the figures back into the shed LOL.The enclosed back deck has been "storing" the stuff till we could get into the shed. So I have Christmas on the back deck HA HA HA.Been trying to get an "appointment with Secretary of State office for DH's handicap placard but earliest I can do that is END of APRIL. But if I get on by 8AM I MAY be able to do a next day appointment. Tried this am and at noon but no luck. I may just have to call them. I'm getting crabby in my old age LOL.Well I hope you all are doing well and are staying safe.
    Sounds like you have your hands full! Hopefully M they can expedite the placard for you guys. At this point you may as well keep the Christmas stuff handy, it be much longer till you put it back up!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

I feel sorry for my one cousin - he's the poster boy for bad knee surgery - just went thru his 3rd replacement ...

had the azzhole worst surgeon for his 1st surgery - butcher job - soooooooooo bad that no doctor wanted to take on the clean up & repair for the new knee replacement >>> finally found a brave soul with plenty of malpractice insurance & guts - 2nd surgery went fine ...

bam - the actual replacement knee cracked and fell apart - post Virus ....

just finished his 3rd surgery a few months ago now - surgery was supposed to be a few hours - took the entire day plus >>> a week plus in the hospital - 6 months recovery at home .....

Walking on Sunshine

Illini so sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope your cousin comes out okay.Will add him to my prayers that recovery comes quickly. As for DH he's doing good, still working on getting that knee bent 90 degrees though. He's graduated to using a cane but we keep the walker handy, just in case.He's got his follow up with the surgeon on Monday and PT wants him to do another 4- 6 sessions to get that knee bending properly. DH spent 20+ years walking "funny" to compensate for his bad knees that he has to learn to walk "properly" now. He's got his second CV shot yesterday and it wiped him out.But this AM he was up and at 'em So it wasn't too bad on the old guy LOL. did the 8 am appt schedule for his tag got an appt for the next day. Didn't take too long. Very interesting how the DMV is doing this. You show up for your appt at "your" time and they let you in and go to one person who "checks" you in and then tells you to sit in one of the numbered chairs, then they call you up and get you in and out , fairly quickly. I was surprised, given the DMV's reputation, HA HA HA HA.The kids are doing okay so far Son2's kids will finish the year on line and are doing very good. Granddaughter 2(the social butterfly) is still missing her friends but she understands that right now it's going to be slow going until her dad gets his shots. Her brother on the other hand LUVS staying home as he can lounge on the couch and wander around the house while attending class. The oldest grand daughter is back in school and doing really well, she's had a couple of volleyball tournaments so far. Her team is starting to come together, they won 2 out of the 5 matches last week end YEAH!!.Grdson1 is okay as far as we know, he seems to be doing well in school but lives for the weekends he can be at Dad's. Granddaughter 3 started soccer this week and she SCORED!! and in the RIGHT goal no less, LOL. Not bad for an almost 4 year old. Oh yeah got most of the decor back into the shed so the deck doesn't look too bad, still working on it. Between our Dr's appts and his therapy I might get it all done by Easter. When he rests I rest, been having a lot of late nights as he has been having a trouble sleeping thru the night. His knee is sore not too too painful, still disturbs him at night.Wakes him up and then he can't get back to sleep. He did the same with me when I had mine done I couldn't stay asleep, so he'd get up and sit with me. Once he gets more mobile and gets further along in therapy I'm sure he'll be able to sleep better. I know I did but it took awhile and it doesn't help he's a bit impatient and can't zoom thru this and get back to doing his 3-5 miles of walking a day. well stay safe all and God bless.

I'll most likely shit myself

Glad your hubs is recovering so well. I pray he contiues to do so.
    Illi, I missed the post about your cousin. He's in my prayers as well.