Thread: Correcting the Army's UCP Snafu

Correcting the Army's UCP Snafu

https://www.theorganicprepper.com/di...al-camouflage/

Several years ago, the Army unveiled its new camouflage pattern: the Universal Camouflage Pattern (UCP). It absolutely sucked.

Soldiers in Afghanistan were often afraid of wearing the stuff. It was such a stupid design. You lit up like a Christmas tree while you were outside. It doesn’t blend in with anything. Thankfully, the Army eventually realized its mistake here and went on to release a new design.

However, what ended up happening is that military surplus stores throughout the nation became flooded with UCP clothing, pouches, web gear, and the like that nobody wanted. Why buy something that may as well be bright orange? As such, military surplus stores practically give this stuff away. I’m going to show you how to make UCP into an actual usable design.
    Illini Warrior

Bacon saver

OK, I'm waiting. I buy up military clothing and use it for work clothes. The pants get the shit kicked out them and last for years. I buy Rocky boots and there's no getting around that.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownwater Riverrat 13 View Post
    OK, I'm waiting. I buy up military clothing and use it for work clothes. The pants get the shit kicked out them and last for years. I buy Rocky boots and there's no getting around that.
    Have you ever looked into Red back boots? They are an Aussie brand but holy crap they are the best boots I have EVER owned. Ive had Rocky's, 5.11, Thorogood, etc. The Red Backs are rhe best by several orders of magnitude.
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Bacon saver

I run the S2V steel toe. Have for about 10yrs, best thing i ever did. Took away the pain and now they are "daily drivers". Been through 3pair.
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.