Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seed Vaults?

The hot sexy one

Seed Vaults?

Anyone purchase any of seed vaults they sell online...? Or can recommend one.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I am at a total loss on that one. You've stumped me.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

The hot sexy one

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I am at a total loss on that one. You've stumped me.
    Survival Heirloom Garden Seeds Packaged For Storage - Open Pollinated Survivalist Seed Bank - MyPatriotSupply.com

Long term seed storage ....

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

TS, I picked some earlier this year off Ebay. They have a few to choose from. For your plans and the price, its worth getting two orders and planting one batch just to test them out. I think mine cost around $30.00 for 20,000 seeds.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

I'll most likely shit myself

I've never tried one of them out. I looked at some of them, but there was a lot of stuff I didn't care for so I didn't choose to go that route. I went with just picking out the different veggies we like and the various varieties we wanted, all heirloom. I got them, packed them up and put them in the freezer. Most of my seeds any more come from Baker Creek Seed Co.

I have to say that for $30 for 20K seeds is a good deal even if you don't use 1/3 of them. I will probably purchase some of them to put back. The packaging adds to the value of these sets.

Where's the epi?

I'm with bacpacker...there are a lot of stuff I don't like in the packs so I buy just the what I like. Seedsavers is one place to get them and I think the other one is heirloom acres. You can google heirloom seeds and look through the different companies and what they stock. Some places stock totally different items, some regular stuff and others more exotic.

I may have to invest in some now. Albeit, if I ever use them, past history dictates that a hailstorm will kill it all.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

That hail storm sucked this year Izzy, over half of the stuff I put out didn't make much if anything. Even some of the stuff I replanted didn't even do well.
    Losing the blueberries (full crop and several plants) and cherries still bug me. Oh well bout time to order more trees and bushes.

My carrots managed to make it. My sweet potatoes lived. Everything else, well I wanted to cry. It was a MAJOR ordeal making time to do all that, especially with our situation right now. Next time, I'm growing crops in a bunker.

Here's something I'm looking into.

SH Hydroponics, Inc.

I registered with them and get e-mails about some decent sales every now and then. They have a couple set up's I'm looking at for growing some stuff.