Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storage tote's to keep thing's separated untill ready to put them on the shelf

Grand Poobah of the Smart Car Appreciation Society

Question Storage tote's to keep thing's separated untill ready to put them on the shelf

I keep a set of medium sized rubbermaid storage tote's at the cabin to keep item's separated intill i can put them in there proper spot in the cabin supply rack's .

One of the Tote's hold's food items --One of the tote's hold medical and other medical type items ==One Tote is for holding dishwashing & household cleaning item's--One of the Tote hold weapon cleaning other items

The ammo & book's and dvd movie & tv serie's i like goes on the table intill i can put them into shelf and dvd binder storage case & sealed up and put into the GI ammo can as need

So does anyone else do this

I'll most likely shit myself

I went this route back in the summer to try and better organize most of my preps. Things don't stay scattered around and unlocatable when you need them. Plus in a BO situation it makes loading much easier. I'm even considering going more this route for storage of general items not just as preps.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I've begun doing the same thing. It's gonna take a while, but once it shapes up, I'll be much more organized
    Last edited by izzyscout21; 09-25-2011 at 06:03 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Belive me when i say this about the storage's tote's set up is now make thing's alot elasyer on me than having to deal with problem of finding space right then and there for the items .This way when i spend the night at the cabin i can work on the storage rack's inside the pantry shelf system to find space for each item or put into the ammo box or bookshelf to make sure it in it proper place

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Yeah, I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

i put the item's into the tote and then when i come up for a overnight stay i just work on the issuse at hand rather have o figure out right then and there where do i put it.My main problem now is finding space in the pantry area because of out growing the area and i need to do some rethinking of the issuse of storage space .

The problem is i can go to the 99.cent store and spend $20.oo dollar's on dish soap & cleaning product's and have alot of product's to find a spot for .So right now is just been book's and dvd's and few small item's i know i have space for

Premium Member

Use them for everyday storage as well as prep storage. I have 20 or so of the Rubbermaid Action Packer 8-gallon totes and 6 of the 24-gallon ones. Five of the 8-gallon ones are on the game cart for bugging out if required.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Yes

Example 1

Example 2

I'm with you Hank. They might not be sexy but those plastic tubs are a lifesaver.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

My only complaints arethey do not have straight sides, the tapered sides that make them nestable waste a lot of useable room, and they need to be a bit thicker walled. i've destroyed more than a few of these over the years.

Try this website called Stacks and Stacks google there name and it should come up they have tote storage racks that they sale