Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The clothes that you wear daily

I go from 5.11 to cargo shorts to jeans to three piece suits to cammos,,, dont matter what I wear, most everyone exccept one stupid neighbor pretty much look at me and act and treat me like officer friendly. Even when my skin condition is acting up and have five to tendays of beard on my face.

For me it's either blue jeans and a thermal shirt or the traditional woodland BDUs (I can get them for 5 bucks a pair at a mil surp in Anchorage) When I was working it was business casual all the way. Now that I'm home all the time I'm either hunting or cutting firewood, though, so the bdus aren't so much tactical as they are practical. When I go into town it's almost always jeans, boots a t-shirt and an open button down of some kind to cover the SIG so the tourists don't get nervous.

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    Today I was in my normal...muck boots...in downtown Tacoma (setting up a mini heritage livestock exhibit for some inner city kids). Some smug ....gal, said to her friend "Oh I didnt know it was going to rain today".....to which I turned to her and said "actually they are steel toed...I wear them to help people out who have a problem inserting their foot in their mouth." DEAD SILENCE...ahhh the fun of going to town once a blue moon as a farmer.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post
    Today I was in my normal...muck boots...in downtown Tacoma (setting up a mini heritage livestock exhibit for some inner city kids). Some smug ....gal, said to her friend "Oh I didnt know it was going to rain today".....to which I turned to her and said "actually they are steel toed...I wear them to help people out who have a problem inserting their foot in their mouth." DEAD SILENCE...ahhh the fun of going to town once a blue moon as a farmer.
    SO reading the post and seeing the big city of Tacoma, I take it you are familiar with my former home...Fort Lewis?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Premium Member

Work is khakis or slacks, a golf shirt, maybe a button down, and dress/casual footwear. Outside of work, I wear camo cargo shorts (the kind the cool kids buy at Target or Khols), or some varation of hiking pants, etc. I don't care what I wear in this area, as everyone sorta looks the same. Besides, they don't sell too many pairs of jeans I'd wear anymore these days, as I ain't doing the skinny jeans thing.

I'm in Tennessee/Georgia, so Carhart or Dickies is daily wear for most anyways. A good pair of hiking boots or light trail shoes, and I'm G2G.

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    We lived on Ft Lewis for a handful of years. Hubby is just finishing up his Army career now. Now that's its JBLM...I try and stay off the place. Joint Base Lewis McChord...too many troops. LOL.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post
    "actually they are steel toed...I wear them to help people out who have a problem inserting their foot in their mouth."
    Oh you are so my kind of gal!! LOL

It's getting cold now so I'll be wearing lots of jeans and sweat shirts just hanging around or jeans and sweaters (pullover type) going out usually with sneakers or some kind of boots (love boots of all kinds). If we go out on a piece of property I may wear a pair of BDU pants and layered tops and if really cold I'll throw on my Carhart bib coveralls and jacket and combat or hiking boots. In the summer if I'm hanging around the house it's pretty much jeans and t shirts and bare feet if at all possible or if we go into town I've taken a liking to long dresses again like we wore back in the 70's.