Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The clothes that you wear daily

Grand Poobah of the Smart Car Appreciation Society

The clothes that you wear daily

I try to stay away from the socalled 5.11 look that some of my fellow prepper's wear. My clothing tend to be levi's jean's & t-shirt's and hiking boot's in the summer & fall & spring and the winter is the only time i wear a button down shirt or when i need to dress up for a fuction that need's that look .

The only really tactical look i have is a Wilderness shop 3-stitched web pant's belt with metal buckle.In the winter time i wear a pullover l.s. front pocket sweatshirt jacket with a watch cap and cold weather glove's to wear as it need .

So what is you is your daily clothing that you wear

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Personally I'm not to worried about looking tactical or not. There's a massive military presence in this area so even if I'm rocking Wall-Mart work boots, 5.11s and an "I Love Led Zeppelin" Tshirt people assume that somehow I'm "military". It's kinda of funny given that I'm 40 and a salesman. And wearing a Led Zeppelin Tshirt.

But what I wear depends on the day:

Casual and/or working in my office day:
    Usually some combination of jeans, 5.11 shorts, casual shorts, mil surplus BDUs (love the 3 color deserts) and a tshirt or short sleeve button down shirt.
    Footwear is either tennis shoes or Merrill MOABs (which I've absolutely fallen in love with)

Making sales calls on customers:
    Dress pants, button down shirt, tie, sport coat, dress shoes

Church:
    Dress pants, nice short sleeve button down, dress shoes

Working in yard:
    3 color desert BDUs or work jeans and tshirt from the "ratty as hell, worn out and filthy Tshirt bin". Brahma Wall-Mart boots.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Heck when not wearing my work uniform I only wear blue jeans (usually bought at garage sale), black work shoes, and a t-shirt with the sleeves and collar cut off.

I'll most likely shit myself

Typical work clothes is jeans and button down shirt, maybe carhartts and new balance shoes or vasque light hiking boots.
    Around the house, usually camos or carhartts,oots and a tshirt if its cool out. Just cuts offs and new balance if hot.
    If we're goin out usually jeans or cargo shorts and a button down shirt.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I'm a 5.11 and tshirt or untucked button down (the better to hide my 1911 with, hehe)for when I'm not at work. Hiking boots and V-tac Cobra belt.

When at work I'm in dress attire. Tie, buttondown, dress pants, 5.11 dress belt, dress shoes.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

When I'm doing hands on management in the plant it's Wranglers, company polo shirt and work boots. At the corporate office, chinos, company polo shirt, my good ropers. At the stables and elsewhere Wranglers, cockroach kickers, western shirts. In the summer heat I do switch to cargo shorts and hawaiian shirts. Also wear Vasque sundowners as required.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Grand Poobah of the Smart Car Appreciation Society
    I went to walmart the other night around 1am in the morning with my friend who is a local pd officer and we noticed a couple of people who where into the socalled tactical cool look and that bought up this post .

In my former life i worn a suit & tie to work. The thing was everyone was looking at them and wondering if they where carrying a weapon on them as they moved around the store that morning .We where both armed and not one person did a second look at us .

So as i said i try to stay away from the socalled tactical cool look of clothing

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I am in and out of attics all day doing insulation estimates, so it's really hot at my job... I wear rip-stop cargo shorts from Kohl's (15 bucks a pair I think) New balance tennis shoes, a golf shirt, and a 5.11 instructor? belt. I have a mini toolbelt that clips on the belt, and the 5.11 has held up great compared to leather belts in the past. I do wear a desert tan baseball hat with the subdued American flag patch I meet lots of....uh... "Middle Eastern folks", lol. That is about as tacticool as I get. This winter, I'll wear the same thing except I'll switch to jeans and a coat, which is nice because I can carry my PM9 on my belt instead of a .22 mousegun when I'm doing estimates. I do have a Dallas PD hat that a friend gave me, and the one time I wore it out to the store, a panhandler tried to hit me up in the parking lot, until he read my hat, and then he went from spare change to "where is the nearest gas station?"

Shorts and a white t-shirt, for work and play

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I don't tan, so I don't wear shorts out of the house. Yes, it's that scary.
    Usually cargo pants and a t shirt, pretty much year round, at work or out and about. The shirt is always untucked, to better hide my gun with. I do have a pair of 5.11 pants, but the pockets aren't right for me, so I don't wear them too often. I wore jeans up until 2 or 3 yrs ago, when I discovered the cargo pants.
    I know, it comes from living in a cave.
    Usually tennis type shoes, sometimes boots. Always one of those "instructor" type belts, unless it's no belt at all, which is only out tooling around. Sometimes sandals when warm out.
    Mostly, when out and about, I kinda look like a bum, so nobody pays me any mind.
    And that suits me just fine.