Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wish me Luck

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Wish me Luck

So today at 12:45, I finally have an interview with the Tennessee Highway Patrol. So far, I've managed to pass the exam, and be selected for interview. If I pass, I still have psych evals, physicals, polygraph, and the rest of the process, but hey, at least I've gotten to sep 2.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. I've been trying to get into law enforcement since I got out of the Army.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Best of luck, i made it to the background check for wi state patrol. I think my speeding tickets hurt me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    Best of luck, i made it to the background check for wi state patrol. I think my speeding tickets hurt me lol.
    ROFLMAO!!! Thats ok When I started out with the State Crime lab I had to go through the State Patrol for my various evals as the State DOJ wasn't set up for that specific function at the time... I have a MAJOR background in psychology that the psychologist doing the one on one psych eval wasnt aware of... poor woman! She didnt get my records until after she "interviewed" me.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    So today at 12:45, I finally have an interview with the Tennessee Highway Patrol. So far, I've managed to pass the exam, and be selected for interview. If I pass, I still have psych evals, physicals, polygraph, and the rest of the process, but hey, at least I've gotten to sep 2.

Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. I've been trying to get into law enforcement since I got out of the Army.
    If you are physically fit, all you have to do is relax, and answer every question 100% truthfully. Evasion of mind will show and is worse than admitting to past transgressions that really no longer matter. And remember, an officer's job is just enforcement, not enterpretation of the law, thats up to the courts. With these things in mind, unless you have a few screws that are loose or a spring or two that are over tightened, you'll have no problems. You are an intelligent man and can be taught what you need to know, the rest of the interviews are just to be sure you're not a head case. SO I Just wouldnt mention that there are guys arguing about who gets to marry you...

I'll most likely shit myself

Dragon you ain't right. That was too funny.
    Best of luck Izzy I'll be prayin for you brother.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by dragon5126 View Post
    If you are physically fit, all you have to do is relax, and answer every question 100% truthfully. Evasion of mind will show and is worse than admitting to past transgressions that really no longer matter. And remember, an officer's job is just enforcement, not enterpretation of the law, thats up to the courts. With these things in mind, unless you have a few screws that are loose or a spring or two that are over tightened, you'll have no problems. You are an intelligent man and can be taught what you need to know, the rest of the interviews are just to be sure you're not a head case. SO I Just wouldnt mention that there are guys arguing about who gets to marry you...
    yeah.....about that..............
    thanks for the well wishes. I'm about to head out.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Just caught the thread, good luck. Don't worry about all the tests. Our Sheriff Office process takes about 7-8 months.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Do you have a robot?
    I hope you did well, good luck.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Izzy, I'm sure you did fine! Lets all hope he gets on to the next round!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    If it doesnt work out, you can always turn to a life of crime!!!!
    JK!