Thread: Diesel Engines

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Diesel Engines

I currently have an '03 pickup with a 6.0 diesel engine and have heard that you can run them using the grease from resturant fryers once you strain it. I understand that eventually the engine will prob fail, but in a pinch it is possible. My question is with all of the electronic components in a modern diesel engine will this still work? Or is this for older diesel engines.

Im not much of a car guy so am just curious.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Staff

That's a good question, Chubbs,any answer?
    It's only a wuss caliber until I shoot you with it!

Premium Member

Well actually I do. You need a kit to run straight veggie oils that consists of injectors and glow plugs designed for that. But here is a link to explain it alittle better!

Straight vegetable oil as diesel fuel: Journey to Forever

Now if you find a gas station that carries bio-diesel you can run that straight with no modifications to the truck.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Premium Member

There was a guy here loacally who had been doing this for a few years. He pulled campers for a company. His truck ran great but it bit him in the end. Since he was getting old veggie oil and using it for profit he got a audit and fined for not paying fuel tax. But if its for personal use I wouldnt think it would be a problem. Also I used to work for a trucking company who recycled their old motor oil by adding a gallon or two to each fuel tank every fill up. It was dispersed in the diesel enough not to cause problems and they didnt have to pay disposal fees or haul away the used oil.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

I would definetly go bio diesel if i could find somewhere around here that sells it. Thanks for the link chubbs.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton