Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else ride?

Crotch Rocket

Anyone else ride?

In honor of the coming spring, and on account of the itch I have to ride, I thought I'd start a thread on motorcycles. I'm a beginning rider myself, having just bought my first bike last August - a 1980 Honda CM400E. I'll be getting my cycle endorsement next month, after taking a safety course.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Not yet, but I have been thinking about for a long time. I may just do it sometime.

I'll most likely shit myself

I haven't in years. Never rode much on the road. Raced moto cross, enduro, & drags back in high school and a couple years after. Good times indeed.
    Would love to get a dual sport like a kawasaki KLR 650 or a suzuki v strom 650. I think they would make decent BO bikes.

I haven't in years. Never rode much on the road. Raced moto cross, enduro, & drags back in high school and a couple years after. Good times indeed.
    Would love to get a dual sport like a kawasaki KLR 650 or a suzuki v strom 650. I think they would make decent BO bikes.

Crotch Rocket

It is hands down the best decision I've ever made just for terms of pure joy. I'd say do it RedJohn, if you're interested you'll probably grow to love it quickly. I've done more with quads off road, but nothing like motocross, enduro, or drags. I was originally thinking a dual sport myself, but the appeal of buying a bike from one overtime check over having to wait last year won out. I've wanted a bike for years, and (for various reasons) was just finally able to do it.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

The source of all known trouble in the universe

I think that I am a little old for enduro and off-road.

Premium Member

I ride. I have a 2000 Harley Davidson. Just started riding a couple years ago, it's a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
    I think that I am a little old for enduro and off-road.
    I know I am! At least anywhere near as hard as I used to ride That was a blast, enduro in particular for me. I just don't think I could take the beating anymore and do ANYTHING for the next week.

I always wanted a Gold Wing to travel around the country on while bike camping. The way things are now days, I have gotten to where I would rather put my funds into other things. A good dual sport for me around here though is very appealing.

Sorry for the double post earlier. Android issue's

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

I ride the roads, not the enduro stuff. Been riding since I was a pup. I have a Suzuki and a Harley.

Crotch Rocket

lol... I could handle seeing a pic or two of the Harley's, that's as close as I'll be getting to one right now. My upgrade in a year or two is likely to be an 883 Sportster.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!