Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gold and silver coins

I'll most likely shit myself

My Grandma got me into coin collecting back when I was 4-5. We would always dig thru her change and pick out certain ones. She would also save special ones for me or pick up something at the bank for my birthday or Christmas. She got me several Kennedy halves and some of the Esinhowers you mentioned.

That has turned into a lifelong hobby. I still don't have much, but it's fun and worthwhile IMO. Its a much better investment than what most of my other hobbies are.

Crotch Rocket

I look at it much the same way, though I haven't grabbed any coin rolls to search for some time now, and haven't been finding anything in my pocket change. One of these days I'll get a metal detector, and search some areas my buddy got me thinking about - like some old school yards in rural areas. That could be entertaining.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

For the Love of Cats

^
    old school yards eh? hmm... now that's a great idea!

Probably old churchyards too. (just stay away from the lumps and flat stones)

maybe this winter I'll do some research on detectors and start playing around next year.

Crotch Rocket

He said that and it was a definite "aha!" moment. I haven't heard anyone mention that route before, probably because it lacks the sex appeal of a beach, but kids drop stuff all the time. So, that should hopefully be a lucrative area to check.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

I'll most likely shit myself

Where I went to grammar school at burned several years ago. Nothing there now. I guess Time to buy a detector and start checking it out.