Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold and silver coins

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day

Gold and silver coins

..... IS there a solid sight online a person can purchase gold and silver? The sort of place that buying the coins sight unseen is ok due to the level of professionalism of said retailer?

No, i dont have ANY coin shops even REMOTELY close to me. So going to one is out!

try The Coin Shop, Farmersville, NM. If you want to insure them, they are going to come Postal Registered mail, and you will have to show an ID. Can just risk small amounts, tho, in a larger, well padded box, UPS. The owner, for a bit of extra $, will make it look like a box full of magazines, or whatever. Avoid very small, very heavy, high $ boxes.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

D, what type of gold and silver? Are you just looking for some coins or larger items?
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    Well i am looking for future Bartering coins. As well as maybe some investment coin that (which will double as barter coin) for long term storage and future sell.

Sp i guesse i want prep'r coin? =)

do NOT pay more for 1/10th oz coins than for 1 oz coins, and forget the silver. It's too bulky for carry. cut a 1/10th oz coin in half with a chisel, and it's still tradable. do NOT buy "non bullion" collectors' items, you'll lose your butt, and don't put money into metals that you will need for years. Otherwise, you'll be forced to sell when the price is "down" temporaily, Murphy sees to that. Use a 1/2 coin to buy a bushel of grain, crack it and make porridge, don't waste resources on backing bread, or expose yourself for that long, making smoke, etc.

OK faster, because i am not always the brightest crayon in the box can ya be specific with some links or maybe explain EXACTLY what i should look into please?

Well i mean what about mexican gold pseo coins, kuggerands, etc etc?

I'll most likely shit myself

I have a different look at coins. I buy almost nothing but bullion coins. Usually I get pre 1964 quarters, halves, & dollars. Those can be found at most antique stores, online on Craigslist or e-bay. I never pay what the spot metal price is at the time. Also keep an eye on your spare change, I'll find a pre 64 coin or 2 about every time I sort our change.
    If you want some collectors coins of higher quality, I have used Swiss America in the past and was very pleased with the purchases. I got exactly what I purchased and they were sealed and graded.

Hmm something to think about there BP.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Silver, Silver Bar, Silver Bars, Silver Bullion, Gold and More - APMEX.com is usually good for different type of coins in all sorts of amounts, Ive always had good luck with them too.