Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people laugh when I tell them my BOV is a Smart car

Just had a thought, hook that bug-mobile behind a team of Shetland ponies and you got yourself a great BOV for EMp LOLz

CC Gray Panther
    To each their own. If it works for you then who am I to disagree. I drive a 2008 Dodge Ram Big Horn w/ 20' tires and it works for my life style . And will get me where I need to go like you.
    We all have different reasons for what we drive. As long as you're satisfied ; who cares what other people think.
    Personally I can't be in a smaller vehicle ; I feel closed in but that's just me.

I'll most likely shit myself

Hank, I wasn't aware they were that good in bad weather. I do know they are pretty solidly built and stay together, made by Mercedes after all. My wife used to work for a lady that owned a Merc dealership that is the smart dealer around here. They are selling a lot and from what she told us are fairly roomy inside. Her dad was 6-4 and drove one quite often.
    I do think the drawback would be lack of cargo space. Big plus for fuel savings. I'm like Kodiak though, I'm just too big to be comfortable in one of them.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Just had a thought, hook that bug-mobile behind a team of Shetland ponies and you got yourself a great BOV for EMp LOLz
    Sparrow that is too cute!!!!

Hey, but it probably cost more to feed the ponies than it does to drive the smart car!

Claptrap's Problem Solver

All friendly teasing aside but the OP makes a good point: often times is it is the Indian not the bow. It's good to think about non-traditional answers to give yourself more options for bad situations.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Grand Poobah of the Smart Car Appreciation Society
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Hank, I wasn't aware they were that good in bad weather. I do know they are pretty solidly built and stay together, made by Mercedes after all. My wife used to work for a lady that owned a Merc dealership that is the smart dealer around here. They are selling a lot and from what she told us are fairly roomy inside. Her dad was 6-4 and drove one quite often.
    I do think the drawback would be lack of cargo space. Big plus for fuel savings. I'm like Kodiak though, I'm just too big to be comfortable in one of them.
    I'm 6.ft.3.inchs tall and close to 275 and the first car i can get into and out of without a problem .I can get two weeks of grocerys for me inside along with extra supplies i buy during the weekly shopping trip

Plus to fill it every two week is about $15.oo dollar's for two week's of driving to and from work and the house

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I only laughed because of your uber cool urban camo!

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

So what are one of these things costing these days?

Grand Poobah of the Smart Car Appreciation Society
    Brand new out the door of the showroom floor is about $12,000.oo dollars basic models with the model i have ran around $16,500.oo with all the extras items that i got with the car

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Ten years ago, In 1972), a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The Hank2222-Team.

Just giving ya a little grief man! I like the idea behind the smart car, but I cant wrap my mind around surviving an accident in one!