Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people laugh when I tell them my BOV is a Smart car

Grand Poobah of the Smart Car Appreciation Society

Why do people laugh when I tell them my BOV is a Smart car

I drive a Smart car and i been driving it now for just over three years and i have taken it in areas in northern AZ where it was snow and ice and bad roads and made into and out of the area where my cabin is without a problem

I have notice that down in the city where i'm working now everyone seams to be driving those jacked up truck's that never see a dirt road in there life and they make fun of my little smart calling it a hood mount for there vehicle .

At least my Smart does go off road and i can get down some of the roads in the back country without any problems as long as i drive normal and take my time going down some of the older dirt roads in the areas .

OMG - I started laughing uncontrollably just reading the subject of this thread! LLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzz

Thank you so much!

For the Love of Cats

try a few simple mods... that'll *snicker* shut them *giggle* up!

bwahahahahahaha

seriously, people drive them all winter up here without issues. know your vehicle and your abilities!

The reason behind the post was i was at Burger King this morning when a guy pull's up beside's me and tell me that i'm driving a death trap and i need to get something bigger so those big jacked up to the sky pickup trucks can see me .Because when i had parked in the space he come's around the corner and allmost rear end's me in the space and that when i got told that i need to drive something bigger .

I allmost told the guy that my little smart car has been off road more times than i can count than his socalled 4 wheel drive truck that jacked up to the sky and never been taken off road .

My car is dirty and grimy from driving in from the cabin on the back road's i take into town in the morning and i was going to get something to eat then go to the car wash in town and wash it but thought it look better with the dirt and grime on it

Now my friends laugh at people who think my little smart is not a good BOV intill we go into some place's where they are having problems dealing with the ice and snow on the road's and i'm driving like it normal day with the car

It a 150 yard drive down a dirt road to the main county road that i'm on and the road is graded by the next door farm that use it to haul cattle in and out of the lot in the back .So they do it keep it semi level enough to get a truck back in there .My smart has a 2.inch lift kit from DayStar company that allow's me to run bigger 17.inch tire's front & rear and that does help with the traction on the dirt roads that i live on .

It back county road's all the way into town and alot of time's they are not the best kept road's in the county .I watch a deputy sheriff SUV slide past me at the four way and he was like it going to hurt on this one last winter when we got a few day's of bad weather up there .He came out of the vehicle as i was walking up and i asked him if he need a hand and goes no but i could use a new pair of underwear right now after going through the four way sideways .

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    Teehee. Similarly, I get laughs when I am driving down the freeway with goats, pigs, calves et all shoved in the back of my Hybrid Escape aka my farm trailer.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by hank2222 View Post
    I drive a Smart car and i been driving it now for just over three years and i have taken it in areas in northern AZ where it was snow and ice and bad roads and made into and out of the area where my cabin is without a problem

I have notice that down in the city where i'm working now everyone seams to be driving those jacked up truck's that never see a dirt road in there life and they make fun of my little smart calling it a hood mount for there vehicle .

At least my Smart does go off road and i can get down some of the roads in the back country without any problems as long as i drive normal and take my time going down some of the older dirt roads in the areas .
    Trying to resist temptation to reply...."because it's a smart car"....

Dammit....resistance fail.

Sorry.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Seen a picture of a wreck between a smart car and pick-up truck, it wasnt pretty. That was enough to deter me from driving one, that and im 6'5...lol
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Where's the epi?

oops....did I say that out loud?

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    Dont let em get ya down. Its good on gas......