Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Exotic Animals Escape

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Exotic Animals Escape

Sheriff defends order to shoot bears, tigers - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Apparently the owner of an exotic animal farm released dozens of big cats, bears, wolves and other animals before taking his life. The local sheriff's office has ordered its deputies to shoot the animals on sight.

Just a reminder if SHTF ever happens there could be exotic animals, large predators running loose in your area. Something to think about, and to prepare for.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I feel bad for these animals.

On the other hand, this is probably the only opportunity those officers will have to aquire a genuine Bengal Tiger throw rug.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Maybe this thread could take a turn.....like, Anyone else do one of those pay hunts where you can use whatever you want? Big question isn't will this round kill this or that due to any well placed shot will do it but think about a 600-700 pound animal bent on ripping you a new one coming at you. You round a corner and pow--there it is, bear, tiger, who knows, your rifle gonna do it? And don't throw out there that your bolt action 700 will do it just as soon as you find it in the scope. This would be a point and shoot situation. I don't know how many of you train on ready-ups but you might want to start. Defending/ambushing/avoiding doesn't take near as much reaction time as "I see you, you see me...its go time"
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

This is why I carry a 20mm AA gun in my wallet. All kidding aside, nothing got released that couldn't be killed with a shotgun, or standard MBR. That being said, most of us don't carry a long gun around when we take fido for a walk, so I guess it's pretty much the CCW that most people would be using in a pre-shtf encounter with a wild animal on the loose in the neighborhood. I guess I could kill a cougar or a bear with a 9mm or a .45, but I'd prefer to be up a tree at the very least with a box of hydrashoks if I had to do that. This might actually be a good use for something like a judge if for no other reason than possibly getting pellets on target in a panic fire situation, but I'd want to have some 45 colts on tap as well.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Makes me want to start carrying the .45 in place of the 9mm. Either way, hopefully the loud bang would be enough to scare away the threat because im to big to be climbing tree's...
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

I'll most likely shit myself

It makes me rethink having 9mm as a primary. That could get nasty in a hurry.
    I wondered if LB and Kodiak were in that area.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I feel bad for these animals.

On the other hand, this is probably the only opportunity those officers will have to aquire a genuine Bengal Tiger throw rug.
    IZZY!!!!! THAT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!! Those poor animals...it's not their fault. That man should never had them to begin with. Now there are animals that were endangered gone forever. I just wish that they could have been captured and relocated...it makes me sad.

Good thing I like you izzy....I forgive you for your throw rug remark

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    This is why I carry a 20mm AA gun in my wallet. All kidding aside, nothing got released that couldn't be killed with a shotgun, or standard MBR. That being said, most of us don't carry a long gun around when we take fido for a walk, so I guess it's pretty much the CCW that most people would be using in a pre-shtf encounter with a wild animal on the loose in the neighborhood. I guess I could kill a cougar or a bear with a 9mm or a .45, but I'd prefer to be up a tree at the very least with a box of hydrashoks if I had to do that. This might actually be a good use for something like a judge if for no other reason than possibly getting pellets on target in a panic fire situation, but I'd want to have some 45 colts on tap as well.
    Simply put there is no good use or reason for The Judge.

/hijack
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    IZZY!!!!! THAT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!! Those poor animals...it's not their fault. That man should never had them to begin with. Now there are animals that were endangered gone forever. I just wish that they could have been captured and relocated...it makes me sad.

Good thing I like you izzy....I forgive you for your throw rug remark
    I'm in total agreement, it wasn't their fault. That dude was off his rocker and should never have been in possession of such animals. From what I understand, the conditions there were horrible. I feel bad for them, but in a way, I am relieved that they are now out of their misery. No creature should have been subjected to those conditions/man. I think that there's a special place in hell for those that mistreat God's creatures.... right next to the serial rapists.

That being said, I will never turn down an opportunity for tasteless humor. And I kinda have to admit...........the lion eating the monkey.............well, that's just another bad joke waiting to happen.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Simply put there is no good use or reason for The Judge.

/hijack
    I heard the military was gonna replace all of their current weapons with the judge... lol I agree mostly, I think it's kinda fun but it's too big, and not exactly a master performer at being either of it's calibers.