Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hot Water Issue

I'll most likely shit myself

If solar showers are in your plans, I would suggest using many of them. They take quite some time to heat up without perfect conditions. Even a few hours then.
    I've used one while hiking and just warming the water a little from a cold Mtn stream is much better than not. I do need to get a few more of these to store.
    Has anyone tried one of the models that has a coil of metal that you put in or over a fire that heats the water. I saw one a Gander Mtn a few months back, but failed to check it out. Something like that would provide quite a bit more water considerably quicker.

For the Love of Cats

On the boat we had only one, and there was either three or four of us (depending on the leg). so this was an issue. something we did with moderate success was to use black garbage bags with a couple gallons of water in them laid out on deck. These, in turn, were poured off into the showerbag, as it was set up with the showerhead.

Why problematic? boats rock, and roll, and bounce, and heave. even tied down, they were constantly sloshing around breaking, or just plain being pains in the butt. lol

At home, laid out on the deck, I'm sure they'd work fine. One could even tear a hole in a corner, tape a ball valve in and be able to pour off somewhat easier.