Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What an Awful Vacation So Far

Queen of the Doom Room
    Hey everybody, thanks for the well wishes! We got in late last night.

It really was the worst vacation ever. I never did recover and believe I'm suffering from something called High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (HAPE). It's fluid on the lungs brought on by sudden and high altitudes. It's something the doctors warned me about and told me to pay close attention to. It *can* go away on its own if I get lots of rest but it can also turn in to pneumonia if my body doesn't flush the fluid on it's own. The only way to know for sure is a chest x-ray so I'm still taking things very slow and monitoring myself closely. If I get worse I'll head in to the doctor but hopefully now that I'm home I can get this monkey off my back...err, umm, chest. I should have flown home but I was too sick to fly alone and there was no way I was going to ask DH to shorten his trip...we went to see his (our) new grandbabies that were born a few weeks ago so I toughed it out.

Since I never really felt good enough to do anything I didn't get to see much. Even driving around town was really hard on me so I didn't get out much at all. When I was out I felt so bad I really couldn't enjoy it but I do have a few pics that I'll put up shortly.

I'll most likely shit myself

Glad your back home. I really hate to hear your trip turned out so bad for you. Take it easy and keep a close eye of the fluid build up. Thats a very serious condition you have there.

Where's the epi?

Soooo happy you are home!!! Ok on the serious note, I had a client (patient) that was from Colorado. She moved to Fl and was having lung problems. They did all the "normal" tests and ended up removing part of her lung. Come to find out, she finally went to a doc familiar with bacterial infections that are common mainly in Colorado and told her that her lung really did not need to be removed, she needed an aggressive treatment of antibiotics that works for that bacteria. If this does not clear up MAKE SURE they know where you were and are familiar with the diseases in that area.