Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OPSEC Slipups

Where's the epi?

I was thinking that we were going to have to move everything out. It is well organized...the closets have industrial shelving units and everything is lined up nice and neat...it's just that we have a lot of them. There is only 2 of us in a 5/3 house with over 3100 sq ft so I have lots of space to put stuff. I was thinking that maybe I should find boxes that fit on the units and fill them with my preps and put them back up? I would hope that people won't open boxes? I know it would look kind of weird to have those kind of shelving units in all of the closets but as long as the people knew that they didn't come with the house maybe they would overlook them?

For the Love of Cats

If you have a spare room... IMO you would be better off boxing everything up and stacking all the boxes along one wall. That way, you're emptying everything out (shows better), and you're organizing your stuff in one place. The realtor will just explain that it's your stuff that you're prepping for the move. If the shelving units are attached to the closets (screwed in), you would be better off removing them before showing, as generally, anything "fixed" to the house, stays with the house.

just my .02c

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    If you have a spare room... IMO you would be better off boxing everything up and stacking all the boxes along one wall. That way, you're emptying everything out (shows better), and you're organizing your stuff in one place. The realtor will just explain that it's your stuff that you're prepping for the move. If the shelving units are attached to the closets (screwed in), you would be better off removing them before showing, as generally, anything "fixed" to the house, stays with the house.

just my .02c
    That's a pretty good idea and will probably have to do that. No, the shelving units are those big commercial ones ya buy at Sam's (metal) so we can break them down and stow them without much problem...just take them out to the workshop or the apple barn (concrete building where all the apples were washed and then stored from our orchard when it was up and running as a business). So that way they would be out of the way and have big empty closets which every woman loves!