Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Plastic Tubs: A Preppers Friend

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

since I live in an apartment, I use a combination of things. LTS food is in under bed boxes, "camping" gear is in blue tubs that fit perfectly in the back seat of my truck, used to be 3 wide, now just 2 because of the car seat (argh) and fit pretty well in the back of the truck as well. I have an action packer for small tools, spotlights, and etc. for regular every day tools that I use for work, and some for emergency car repair etc. My plan is to optimize the action packer with tools that aren't camping or survival related and be done with the tools so I don't have to take up other space in a vehicle with tools. I like the tubs, we store mostly crap that we never use in them, but they can definitely make a difference in organization around the house, and on the road. I have a folding lite duty dolly that collapses down very small with my tubs so the wife can get them out to the vehicle by herself and can carry mroe than one at a time. This is it, I used it to move, and it was great. 150 lb. Capacity Folding Hand Truck - HMC5 at The Home Depot

Plastic totes are great for organized garage storage. I built a floor to ceiling rack to store them on. Need a ladder to get the top two rows down. Found out the hard way though that rats like duffel bags and their contents (clothing and boots) for nest material. Ughhhhh!