Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Found A Underground Bunker Complex!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues

Found A Underground Bunker Complex!

So no kidding, was doing some exploring the other day, and a friend mentioned this underground bunker complex. Me being the guy I am, I said, lets go check it out! So we took a quick 15 minute drive from the house and he showed it to me! I have to say I was instantly impressed! Its in the woods, and its a Buried concrete bunker, 3 entrance points, metal gates covering the entrance, entrance hallways were approx 100 feet long, led to 2 large rooms, air vents in the roof which was about 6.5 feet up. The hallways themselves were only about 5 feet tall, which was a bit of a pain in the ass to negotiate, but once we got to the rooms, it was pretty nice! Im going to take a trip out there this sunday and get some pics of the place! The whole area covered had to have easily been 200 x 200 feet square area buried approximately 3-4 feet down underground! I think I found me my new Nuclear BOL! The air pipes leading to the ground above were actually extremely hard to find they had been camouflaged so well! Has anyone else every wandered onto something like this? Is it a good idea to plan on using this in the future in case SHTF? What do you think folks? And before somebody mentions it, im sure other people know about this as its on a unused area of a military installation thats open to the public. I think the only question is, how many people know about it, and how many people would try to use it in SHTF scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    So no kidding, was doing some exploring the other day, and a friend mentioned this underground bunker complex. Me being the guy I am, I said, lets go check it out! So we took a quick 15 minute drive from the house and he showed it to me! I have to say I was instantly impressed! Its in the woods, and its a Buried concrete bunker, 3 entrance points, metal gates covering the entrance, entrance hallways were approx 100 feet long, led to 2 large rooms, air vents in the roof which was about 6.5 feet up. The hallways themselves were only about 5 feet tall, which was a bit of a pain in the ass to negotiate, but once we got to the rooms, it was pretty nice! Im going to take a trip out there this sunday and get some pics of the place! The whole area covered had to have easily been 200 x 200 feet square area buried approximately 3-4 feet down underground! I think I found me my new Nuclear BOL! The air pipes leading to the ground above were actually extremely hard to find they had been camouflaged so well! Has anyone else every wandered onto something like this? Is it a good idea to plan on using this in the future in case SHTF? What do you think folks? And before somebody mentions it, im sure other people know about this as its on a unused area of a military installation thats open to the public. I think the only question is, how many people know about it, and how many people would try to use it in SHTF scenario?

That's the big problem...you fill it up with your stuff and then someone else shows up and wants you to leave but the stuff stays...you're lucky if they don't just kill you.

If I'm at home and someone wants in...I pretty much know what I have to do. There will be no guessing their intentions. Out in the woods...anything goes with any number of guests..

For the Love of Cats

So I assume that it was wide open, easy access? then yeah, expect any and ALL locals to show up there, and most probably without even a BOB.

If it is as sweet as you say... start looking into buying it. then it is yours alone, and you can lock/defend it.

Yes, its somewhat out in the open, but very well camouflaged. I found out that it is a Tornado shelter put in place for troops training out in the field. Its on a military installation, so theres no chance of buying it.
    I dont think that while its known im sure to a few military personnel that it probably isnt as well known to the civilian population being as how its in a training area thats usually off limits to civilian personnel

That is cool.

Question, are you the same guy who over at whenshtf started a thread about finding a bunker and the mods got all irrationally belligerent saying it is a shame for a preper to out a preper?

Either way, I am sure none of us would mind seeing pictures if you are comfortable taking a few. I mean we all know OSPEC and don't include a google map, so what could possibly be the problem?

Cheers!

Where's the epi?

Way cool...interior pics would be great so those of us wanting to do something like this could get ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    That is cool.
    Question, are you the same guy who over at whenshtf started a thread about finding a bunker and the mods got all irrationally belligerent saying it is a shame for a preper to out a preper?
    Either way, I am sure none of us would mind seeing pictures if you are comfortable taking a few. I mean we all know OSPEC and don't include a google map, so what could possibly be the problem?
    Cheers!
    I am NOT that guy. (normally, this is a honor bestowed upon me by most of my friends. . . being "that guy") but this time, I actually am not that guy! I will be taking pics tomorrow and posting up for all to see! If anyone wants a google map of it, do it by PM, its a open shelter, so its not like I would be able to claim it for my own. Im starting to think of it as a community asset!

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    That's the big problem...you fill it up with your stuff and then someone else shows up and wants you to leave but the stuff stays...you're lucky if they don't just kill you.

If I'm at home and someone wants in...I pretty much know what I have to do. There will be no guessing their intentions. Out in the woods...anything goes with any number of guests..
    Must you always piss in everyones Wheaties????

Road leading up to the bunker. . . nearest paved road, 5 miles

view of one of the entrance points from the road

Air vents, camouflaged

Second Air vents, also camouflaged

Looking at the entrance

Last edited by Stormfeather; 10-30-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Entrance #1

Looking inside, its 67 paces down this hallway to the "T" intersection, counting on the left foot only.

"T" intersection looking right

Room # 1

Overhead Vent in room #1

Last edited by Stormfeather; 10-30-2011 at 09:01 PM.