Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need advice and/or ideas (Gold)

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Need advice and/or ideas (Gold)

You all may not know it, but I live in Western Europe at this time. I was wrongfully fired recently and the courts decided that it was the case. I am going to get, not a big but a nice chunk of cash my way from my former boss for that illegal firing. (For the one that want to know, I was complaining that people were smoking and taking drugs everywhere (both forbidden by law) and that I waited long enough with no software licence and it was time to finally buy them. 2 days after I made these demands, I was fired).

That being said, I am going to transfer most of the cash I have on hand to the US (the change rate is fantastic at this time) and I need for this cash to increase pending my return stateside.

I was thinking at the beginning that I would convert it to CDs, but the return is small and I have little faith in the banks. I then thought to change it in gold (constant increase for the past 10 years, 25% last year). This is the best option for me it seems. however, I cannot take them back with me, and I am having a hard time leaving them in my safe at the bank (if the bank ever closes ...) and I cannot hide it anywhere as I am too far if I need to get it back.

Any of you have another idea on how to keep gold safe but not at the bank?

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Simple, purchase it in small denominations, and keep it with you for safekeeping. Moneybelts work great for this. Use your imagination for stash spots, books, potatoe flakes boxes, ect ect.

The hot sexy one

Well.............Trust is the game here, either you pay someone / something to keep your stuff safe or you have someone you trust. If you are totally dependent upon yourself and don't trust anyone then you must find different ways. You can carry a lot gold around on your person, although check points could suck. Molding of gold into items you keep around, but that makes it hard to resale to the average Joe for quick cash......Leasing or buying property stateside, then storing or burying your gold there until your return.......

The hot sexy one

1 oz Credit Suisse Gold Bars | Buy Gold Online | APMEX.com

You can carry this in your wallet, in the picture sleeves.....

I'll most likely shit myself

i was thinking maybe something along the lines of what is provided for use with IRA's. You purchase it and the company you buy from holds it until retirement or withdrawl. I'm not sure they do this for non IRA, but might be worth checking into.
    I would not put it in a safe depoist box for more than very short term holding.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Simple, purchase it in small denominations, and keep it with you for safekeeping. Moneybelts work great for this. Use your imagination for stash spots, books, potatoe flakes boxes, ect ect.
    I have 10k in bill already. Thinking about gold for them too.

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleShooter View Post
    1 oz Credit Suisse Gold Bars | Buy Gold Online | APMEX.com

You can carry this in your wallet, in the picture sleeves.....
    Yeah, i have thought of that, but the gold is not in my hands, and if these companies go under I am out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    i was thinking maybe something along the lines of what is provided for use with IRA's. You purchase it and the company you buy from holds it until retirement or withdrawl. I'm not sure they do this for non IRA, but might be worth checking into.
    I would not put it in a safe depoist box for more than very short term holding.
    No confidence in these companies. If banks go down, they will too. Plus it is short term, 12 to 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleShooter View Post
    Leasing or buying property stateside, then storing or burying your gold there until your return.......
    I purchased a piece of land in Florida, but I did not do my homework (it was to help a friend) and there is 35k in back taxes on it and they can come take it anytime. Plus it is in the middle of a city, and burying may not be an option. Too many prying eyes.

The hot sexy one

Quote Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
    Yeah, i have thought of that, but the gold is not in my hands, and if these companies go under I am out of it.
    Those are phyiscal gold in your hand just they are IRA approved...............