Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meat Run

I'll most likely shit myself

Hope you have a great trip Sniper. I look forward to hearing about the hunt when you get back. Is the box you have your muzzle loader stuff in a Pelican box? I like the set up. Nice cross bow as well.

Where's the epi?

mmmmmmmmmm....elk.....yummy!!!! sure wish we were going with ya! good luck and I hope you are blessed with as much meat as your family can eat until next season.

Queen of the Doom Room
    Good luck!!

My idea of a "meat run" is checking my snares, traps, and nets. :-) Quite often, as I "run" the lines, I see a critter to pop with my rifle, tho.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Pack lightly, keep your powder dry and I'm Green with Envy. Good Luck!!!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    any updates???

For the Love of Cats

as far as killing went... the trip was a bust. didn't fire a single shot at an animal. Weather was way too warm, the animals were only moving at night, no snow, the does and fawns were still packed together and the bucks hadn't even started the rut yet. Also several of our main areas (for the last 20 years) were either still submerged, or just a total write-off.

On the plus side... spent some great days outside wandering around in the bush, and trails. had some really enjoyable times watching a herd of does and fawns frollicking and playing and feeding in a field while I sat in my blind.

The locals have been working hard to 'cull' the coyotes, with one in particular having taken 140 over the past 3 weeks. 30 in one day, while he was cutting his wheat.

This was the first time ever, that I went deerhunting in late season in a t-shirt and sandles!!

I'll be going out again in just over a week, so hopefully the weather has improved somewhat by the time I get home.

more to come...

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

As they say... A bad week of hunting is better then a good week at work.

I'll most likely shit myself

Too bad there was no harvest. But like Evolver said, you can't beat time in the woods. I wish I had the time to get out for a few day's.
    I am amazed the guy got 30 yotes the same day. Down here they scatter during times of pressure from what I've observed.

For the Love of Cats

he was cutting a full section of wheat, so on every pass, he'd open up a new swath, and the coyotes came running in to feed on the field mice. He just stopped the tractor and shot out the windows. then he'd pick that one up on the next lap, and shoot a few more. We stopped to talk to him when he was picking up his alfalfa bales (different field) and he had 4 that day at lunch time. Seems they're not too concerned about the farm equip... but mighty scared when a truck stops.