Thread: Nematode control?

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Nematode control?

Does anyone have any tricks up there sleeves to control Nematodes.

Justa and I have lost 1 Tomato plant and are loosing all of are beans to root knot. I've been doing some research on controls but haven't really found what I'm looking for. Soil Solarization or Introducing microbes that feed on Nematodes is kinda the direction that I think that we need to go at this point so... any suggestions?

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    Rotation, rotation, rotation and ladybugs. You must rotate your crops. Rotation breaks up the cycle of infestation. Then buy some ladybugs and encourage butterfly/bird activity with a water feature, if you don't have one already. A small pond, any moving water will attract butterflies/birds both of which will eat up nematodes, even a bird bath size fountain.

Queen of the Doom Room
    Thanks, Raven but ladybugs or any other above-soil creature won't eat nematodes. There is also no chemical, that we know of, that will kill them. They are microscopic worm like things that live in the soil, crawl inside the plant roots and literally "knot" the roots starving the plants of water and nutrients. They are hugely prolific here, that's one of the reasons most people plant in raised beds and/or containers and change their soil frequently but we can't do that withoug some serious modifications to the trellis area.