Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rain Barrels

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

great post! once im done with the great migration, I want to set up something like that. Our location will sustain that kind of system quite nicely.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Here's the other set. It's almost a mirror imige of the first set posted and its also tied into the garden soaker hose system.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by Evolver View Post
    Dang! That isn't a pond... it's a friggen lake!!! Very cool, what type of fish and will they be eatable?
    lol. that's what a lot of people say... I just tell them to wait until I put the big pond in the back 40!

I put up a couple pics in another thread... when I find it again, I'll link it. Unless someone can beat me to it!

I put rainbow trout fry in there this year (200) and managed to grow them to 8-12 inches. Then I had a circulation issue, and lost them... about 1/2 for bear bait, and 1/2 to the freezer. they tasted excellent!!

You can also go with a larger connecting hose at the bottom, say a 2" pcv, with a single spigot in between. A buddy has just the garden hose system setup like I first mentioned, and it works well enough for him. Although you obviously know your specific situation better.

nice set up!

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Rainbows are the best tasting trout IMHO especially if you can run into some pink meat natives. That's too bad that you lost them but it doesn't take too long for them to be good pan friers again. I saw your place and all I can say is WOW!!!

Thanks for the comment.
    Last edited by Evolver; 11-20-2011 at 01:35 AM.