Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquaponics system. Need people to critique my system

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Well I broke ground on my aquaponics system. Still got lots of digging left to do, before I can even start on building anything. This project is going to take a while. Hoping to have it finished before summer.

About 3 foot deep now, 5 more feet to go.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

That's a heck of a project. Looks like you are well underway. Keep us posted, I for one, am especially intrigued.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Will do thanks. I am close to being at the right depth for most of it, except for the fish tank, got a long ways to go to get to the 9 feet I am wanting.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice work Helo. How long have you been digging? Are you using the tater plow to loosen the soil before you remove it? What model Kubota are you using?

I've dug out some area's before, driveways, building sites, etc using a tractor and grader blade. It's hard work for sure.It's looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Nice work Helo. How long have you been digging? Are you using the tater plow to loosen the soil before you remove it? What model Kubota are you using?

I've dug out some area's before, driveways, building sites, etc using a tractor and grader blade. It's hard work for sure.It's looking good.

Thanks, dug about 3 hours so far. Yes I am using the middle buster to break up the soil to make it easier on the tractor. The tractor will do it without busting it up first, but it is much harder on the front end loader. The tractor is a Kubota MX5100 50 hp hydrostatic 4wd. This iron ore is a pain to dig in, regular dirt and I would be done by now.

Between taking care of my wife after her surgery, trying to fit in some deer hunting and bringing my Great Dane to get bred it does not leave my time to dig this week.

Didn't get to work to much today. Hunted this morning and this afternoon, and brought my dog to get bred. So that only left me a little while to dig. Had to make a cut in the hill I was not expecting. The hill does not drop off fast enought, so I had to cut some drainage. Still got about a foot left for the main part and then go another 4.5 feet deep for a 8'X8' section. Anyways here are today's pics.

I took this pic standing in the drainage cut I made.

And this pic is from the top of the dirt pile. BTW this is my front yard.

I'll most likely shit myself

Let's see now, you waited until your wife's surgery to start tearing up the front yard. Hmmmmm! Just messing with you.

Hopefully the wife is getting along well. Sorry to hear she's been going thru that. We'll be prayin for her and you.

Looks like your making good progress with the dig.

Thanks, have to do something. If I sit inside, I will go crazy. At least I am close by this way.

Another update. Got down to the 4 foot depth today. Got it pretty close to level, going to put some sand in to level everything out. But first I have to dig another 4 foot deep hole for the fish tank, at least this one is only 8'X8", should not take very long.