Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dedicated CPR Kits

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

never considered getting one... considering i was first on scene of an accident the other day, it makes me reconsider my original thoughts... Thank god CPR wasn't required...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Also, a tip for those of you who haven't done CPR before... You WILL tire out after a few minutes of doing it... That is, of course, if you are doing it right in the first place... I would suggest preppers should at least have basic first aid training as a part of their preparations
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Do you have a robot?
    Evolver you are correct that mouth to mouth is important. However so many people were avoiding the use of it with the chest compressions that they decided to change the guidelines. If you want CPR to really work you need to do the mouth to mouth. Most people I know will only consider using it on family members. If you are going to use it on others a mask is recommended. I have a mask and have used it. Once you use a mask throw it away and get a new one.

There are two different type of masks the cushion type that have a chamber that raises the mask above the victim's mouth. The other is a barrier that has a one way tube. The mask is better because if the person vomits then you just scoop it away, make sure their airway is still open and continue. Not pretty but reality.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

Yeah I hope It didn't look like I was correcting you, it was more less just an addition to your post. I'm a man with not many words.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I did mouth to mouth on and Iraqi soldier without a barrier. Walked away with a nasty taste and a disease. Word to the wise, get the barrier if you plan on doing ANY mouth to mouth.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    I did mouth to mouth on and Iraqi soldier without a barrier. Walked away with a nasty taste and a disease. Word to the wise, get the barrier if you plan on doing ANY mouth to mouth.
    Hopefully that wont follow you right? nothing major I hope...

Quote Originally Posted by vertstang86 View Post
    Hopefully that wont follow you right? nothing major I hope...
    Yeah, I'm kinda stuck with it.

Somethings dont come clean with Penicillin and dial soap, kiddo.

It'll just play hell with my intestines for the rest of my life.

It's ok though. Uncle Sam's paying me for it.
    Last edited by izzyscout21; 11-24-2011 at 05:08 AM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Crotch Rocket

I'm also tracking fully now. It was definitely a sad state on my end to realize I hadn't been in for training long enough to totally miss a change in the mindset on this. I'm actually a bit ashamed of myself. Just another in what's becoming a long line of things I'm realizing have fallen by the wayside as the standards of my division erode, so yet another I'll maintain on my own time and dime.

izzy - if I ever seen the jinx fairy that seems to have followed you around I'll make sure to put a boot firmly up its ass for you.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Quote Originally Posted by mitunnelrat View Post

izzy - if I ever seen the jinx fairy that seems to have followed you around I'll make sure to put a boot firmly up its ass for you.
    Thanks man, I'd appreciate it. If you happen to see the "good idea fairy" while you're at it, give him one for me too.

I'll be happy to firmly plant my size 10 foot up the jinx and good idea fairy's ass for you if I ever find it. Elusive little bastard though...