Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DH wants my Christmas list so I could use some help with suggestions for good preps

Where's the epi?

DH wants my Christmas list so I could use some help with suggestions for good preps

I'm taking suggestions for my Christmas list. Usually I let him buy whatever he wants but this year I figure I may as well ask for some good prep items. I was thinking like a nice solar oven, a body form so I can make my own clothes...that's about as far as I got. I already have a manual grain mill, a reloader and several of my own weapons. So if ya'll could come up with some ideas PLEASE help, he's breathing down my neck and wants it right now (impatient, I know...). thanks!

Claptrap's Problem Solver

For ideas for smaller items you might check out countycomm.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Well, what do you WANT for Christmas ??
    I know, we're all about prepping, but don't forget to enjoy life when you can. Christmas is a time to enjoy life. Get something you want. If you also need it, great, but fulfill a want or two. Not saying to be frivolous, but you could I guess.
    After all, post-SHTF we won't always be able to just sit back and enjoy life as much as we may like. we may have what we need, but we will still miss some things we just want.
    I'm sure about everybody here has seen The Book of Eli. Remember him listening to his IPod? And how hard he worked to keep it going? It's those little things that make a difference between living and just surviving.

Give him a home, where the buffalo roam, and they make "wood" for his cookin fires all day
    Tell him you want 500 acres AWAY from everything and everyone. On it you want a beautiful log home that is 100 off grid complete with a hardened basement/bunker. Fully stocked for your family for 5 years.

Or is this too much to ask?

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I'd be going to Tahiti.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

I would stick with your gut and get a solar oven. We research a long time before buying ours and I can tell you if you like or want bread with your meals or if you want to bake and cook with out fuels the Sun Oven is tried and true. We bought ours here so you can get a idea on costs and what it looks like... The GLOBAL SUN OVEN SOLAR COOKER cook with the power of the sun solar cooking | eBay

There are others out there and allot of how to build your own but this one is built, built well and ready to use. IMHO

Where's the epi?

Nope Dropy, we're already working on something like this now. Just can't find the right piece of land for the right priice. Will be looking at another piece after Thanksgiving.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Well, what do you WANT for Christmas ??
    I know, we're all about prepping, but don't forget to enjoy life when you can. Christmas is a time to enjoy life. Get something you want. If you also need it, great, but fulfill a want or two. Not saying to be frivolous, but you could I guess.
    After all, post-SHTF we won't always be able to just sit back and enjoy life as much as we may like. we may have what we need, but we will still miss some things we just want.
    I'm sure about everybody here has seen The Book of Eli. Remember him listening to his IPod? And how hard he worked to keep it going? It's those little things that make a difference between living and just surviving.
    That's kind of my problem. I like so many things and have everything I could want. So I'm trying to figure out what he could get me that I could add to our preps that would be on a larger scale. We have all the smaller things and some more pricey things but maybe I'm missing things that you guys would think of? I will check out the solar oven and I would like some other OTG items for the house maybe? Money isn't really an issue so I'm not looking for small stuff but something nice.

I'll most likely shit myself

You probably already have these or something similar, but here's a few we have or want.
    Food saver vacuum sealer
    Excaliber dehydrator
    your favorite carbine or shotty
    Big Berky water purifier for the house
    a top quality water purifier for the BOB. Pur and Katadyn are 2 good brands
    How about some hi quality garden tools
    game cart

This is a tough question not knowing for sure what all you already have. I'm sure you'll like/put to good use whatever you get.
    BTW the solar oven sounds like something we need.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    You probably already have these or something similar, but here's a few we have or want.
    Food saver vacuum sealer
    Excaliber dehydrator
    your favorite carbine or shotty
    Big Berky water purifier for the house
    a top quality water purifier for the BOB. Pur and Katadyn are 2 good brands
    How about some hi quality garden tools
    game cart

This is a tough question not knowing for sure what all you already have. I'm sure you'll like/put to good use whatever you get.
    BTW the solar oven sounds like something we need.
    We have everything except for the dehydrator...was wondering whether it was worth it for us. I am not a huge fan of dried food (I tried to do eggs on my mom's and they didn't come out so good!) so I don't know if I would use it but I have thought about it...I keep thinking Trail Mix and dried fruit...yuk. Think it would be worth it for us? I really have thought about it but I'm kind of afraid.

On the solar oven, I thought someone found one that came with the pots and pans specifically for it...anyone heard of that one?