Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transportation Points to Ponder

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by vertstang86 View Post
    Christ... hurricanes - you would think the sheeple would be at least marginally prepared for them in of all places, FLORIDA...
    Well you can't prepare for a big one if you live near the coast. All you can do is leave. And that is where the problem comes in, everyone leaving.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    Well you can't prepare for a big one if you live near the coast. All you can do is leave. And that is where the problem comes in, everyone leaving.
    valid point... Im far enough inland to where it would have to be a big one to do much damage...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

Quote Originally Posted by vertstang86 View Post
    valid point... Im far enough inland to where it would have to be a big one to do much damage...
    And leaving for every storm that MIGHT hit is a royal PITA. I think we ran from 4 storms one year and only one actually hit. I got to where I stayed unless it was a cat 4, anything else I just stayed because leaving was to much trouble.

I'll most likely shit myself

Excellent post Sniper. Like most things, the best way to learn something is to do it. 4 wheelin is a lot of fun, but you can have serious ramifications if you screw up. Much better to learn what's possible and what's not before you REALLY need it.
    Like he said, slow is the way to go. Scout out your approach and departure routes before you hit a questionable area. Pick your lines and take your time.

For the Love of Cats

I didn't get a picture of it... but was out hunting/fartiing around on the weekend. Pushed a new trail through the bush with my truck. chainsawed any bigger trees, drove over smaller ones, buddy can run through with a brush cutter now and we will have a new trail for hunting next year....

But....
    When we got back to camp... he noticed a stick sticking out through the grill of my truck. about a 1" diameter. I pop the hood and its pressed tight into the rad, and jammed hard into it. I needed a 2X4 to break it, so I could remove it. had I popped the rad, I could've jury rigged it back together to get home, but it would've been pricey to replace later.

Might have to put a bush bar on this truck

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by helomech View Post
    I have bugged out from a bunch of hurricanes, and hope to never have to do it again. A 2 hour drive took 12 hours. I moved away from the coast, to a place I hope to be able to bug in.
    Helo, guess you didn't live in FL long enough to learn the words "HURRICANE PARTY?" We never left...just boarded up, stocked up the booze and food and rode it out. Lived there since before that damn Mouse came to town so we had lot's of practice! LOL

p.s. Lived in Vero Beach, Titusville, Hudson and Bradenton....all Coastal towns.

For the Love of Cats

Interesting thought there lady... depending how close you are to that damn mouse hole... when SHTF... you could have a huge number of tourists down there with very little except a pile of cash, nowhere to go, and no way to get there. After a couple weeks for them to thin out. Those parking lots are going to be a smorgasborg of stuff.

Where's the epi?

Yeah, Fl was a nice place until that damn Rat moved in!

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I just finished this whole thread and not once did someone tell me how to drag my horse trailer loaded with gear through the woods....lol. I am kind of looking at this issue a different way. This is purely guesswork thinking but I'm going to try to keep it on solid ground/pavement....just an idea but I've seen really big trucks push smaller trucks/cars out of the way. I'll leave it at that.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Crotch Rocket

Makes me wish my parent's still had their semi... lol

Seriously though, I should have learned how to drive that thing when I had the chance.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!