Thread: Laerdal Stifneck Select Extrication Collar

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Laerdal Stifneck Select Extrication Collar

The Stifneck Select collar simplifies your job, saves space and provides outstanding immobilization. The quickest and easiest-to-use adjustable collar on the market. All you have to do is measure the patient, select the size, adjust and lock! By packing the Select, you’ll have more room in your bag for other equipment.

Adult Collar :

All the adult Stifnecks in one easily adjustable, fully assembled collar! Just measure the patient, select the size, adjust, and lock-four simple steps! This collar fits all adult patients and delivers the same superior immobilization you expect from Stifneck collars.

Locks ensure selected sizes stay in place
    Adjustment tracks ensure symmetrical alignment of size
    Uses the same sizing and application method as the original Stifneck collars
    Easy access for pulse checks, advanced airway procedures, and visulaization through oversized trachea hole
    Room for large fingers to slide through the rear panel opening for cervical palpation
    Directions molded into collar
    Reduces inventory costs and saves space
    Madiolucent, MRI and CT scan compatible

Available HERE at chinook medical supply for a whopping $7.95.

I'm not a medical professional but this seems like a very cost effective solution for immobilization.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

I'll most likely shit myself

That has the looks of a nice piece of gear.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

It looks like it could be used repeatedly, but does it say anything against doing so? Some immobilization collars are single use...
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I actually have one of those. Mine's OD green..........
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.