Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wound care

For the Love of Cats

what is truly scary... is that if you can picture yourself... 9 months into a SHTF scenario... your seemingly 'adequate' preps of antibiotics has run out...
    Same infection... same scenario... but now without a hospital to back on... what do you do??

Do you have a robot?
    That is why I am adding antibiotics to my supplies such as penicillin which will keep well. The big thing will be to take care of the small cuts that can become infected. Cleaning any wound is important to prevent infection. The Silvasorb that was used to fight the infection worked great. I search for it on the internet and found that just a 3 oz tube is $32, pricey. However after what I went through the money is no option when it come to the family's health. It has been six weeks and my leg wound has finely closed. If I had to bug out on foot to a location that was a long way off then I would have been toast.

I'll most likely shit myself

Do you mind sharing the link you found. I am interested in getting some of that myself.

Do you have a robot?
    bacpaker here is the google link.

silvasorb - Google-Suche

It gives a bunch of sources. I am not sure who I am going to buy from. However the amount that I used was 1.5 oz. This lasted me about one month changing the dressing everyday. The amount that I used was about the area you could cover with a penny and maybe a quarter inch thick. When I buy I will be getting a couple of the 1.5 oz. This way if one goes bad for whatever reason I have a fresh sealed one. Another thing that I found was the sheets impregnated with the Silvasorb, they might be nice for a larger area. For just a small wound the tube should be more than sufficient.

I'll most likely shit myself

Thanks for the link. I looked thru 2-3 sifferent sites and, looked like there may be some others goodies on them as well.