Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly kitchen tricks

I'll most likely shit myself

The Krogers we shop at carries Ground Bison. It tastes very good, but like turkey, almost no fat.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    The Krogers we shop at carries Ground Bison. It tastes very good, but like turkey, almost no fat.
    I'm actually not a huge fan of the ground bison, it tastes too much like beef to me I guess. We buy ribeyes from a butcher special order when they slaughter one. We get them 1 1/2" thick and they are awesome. They are just like eating a filet of beef. Yummy. Have you ever gone to a Ted's Montana Grill and had one of their bison steaks? Yummy

Nope sure hadn't. Sounds wonderful though.

Where's the epi?

It melts in your mouth!! Yummy. It is so sweet and has a flavor all of it's own. Too bad the nearest one is in Nashville. Makes me want to throw some on the stove. Oh yeah, you can actually pan fry the stuff and still have it melt in your mouth. Amazing.

That's gotta be killer on the grill!

Where's the epi?

Well maybe when summer hits we'll all have to get together and try it out!

Queen of the Doom Room
    I just finished stuffing my pie hole with this...

I made a jell-o dessert today and had half a can of sweetened condensed milk leftover. I remembered a recipe in my collection where you can boil an unopened can for several hours and it will make caramel. Well, my can was open so I did a little research and found recipes on the Kraft site. I set up a double boiler on the stove and let it go for 1.5 hours. When it was done I cut up an apple and stood right there, over the stove, dipping my apple slices in the warm caramel. OMG! SO GOOD! But so rich. I have a feeling I may have ruined my appetite for dinner tonigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    My wife has problems with eating too much beef, especially greasy beef, at one time, it'll tear her up for a couple days. So, she's taken to experimenting with different "standbys".
    She always makes her own spaghetti sauce, but will put ground turkey in it instead of ground beef. Or, ground Italian sausage and ground turkey, half and half.

The same thing with rice. Cook up some rice, add ground beef, or ground turkey, or Italian sausage. You can even cut up Kielbasa sausage, either regular or turkey. Season to taste and enjoy, You add vegetables if desired. It can be made days in a row, never the same twice, using staples either canned yourself, or put by.
    Anybody here with kids where both parents work at least fulltime should be pretty creative at throwing together quick, easy meals.
    She may need to have her gall bladder checked out. I'm not a doctor, but that's a sure-fire sign of gall bladder disease. Better to get it checked out now and fixed if it needs it before SHTF.

Queen of the Doom Room
    Keep moisture from accumulating on top of your sour cream by smoothing it out before you put it back in the fridge.

For the Love of Cats

making chili this weekend. made me think of this:

Once you get everything into the pot simmering, give it one last stir, and take it off the stove. And put it in the oven on low, and let it 'simmer' in there. The flavours will blend together, the veggies will soften nicely, and you don't have to stir it again until you want to. Unlike stove top where it will scorch if you don't stir frequently.

This also works perfectly for spaghettie sauce.