Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: USMC Combat Tent Review

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post

When the rain started, the 1919 was so hot it took almost an hour before the rain hitting the barrel didn't steam off.
    This^^^^ is made of so much WIN it's scary.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

That was my first thought as well. Followed by...

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Yeah, a couple of guys wanted to know if I needed help getting it out of the rain.
    I told them it would be fine, that the 1919A4 had seen a few wars, and had been rained on before. In fact, if they wanted to wait, and let it get rained on for awhile, we could go out and load up another belt, and blow the water out of it, and it probably wouldn't miss a beat.

"It's a battle implement, it'll be fine."

Ah, when battlefield equipment was worth taking to Hell...

I recently bought one of these surplus tents on-line. Mine did not come with stakes or guy lines, but I have plenty of spares laying around anyways. Seems like a good quality tent

Used these many times (we were issued them... and izzy, that is odd... usually we get your gear, not the other way around!). They're absolutely incredible. I'm definitely in the market for one!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by ghost1227 View Post
    Used these many times (we were issued them... and izzy, that is odd... usually we get your gear, not the other way around!). They're absolutely incredible. I'm definitely in the market for one!

It's a fantastic tent. They can be found, just have to hunt.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    It's a fantastic tent. They can be found, just have to hunt.
    I know just where I'm gonna get one... it's just not at the top of my shopping list (I've got a Hennessy Hammock that I swear by, that'll do in a pinch). First, I still have to find a new pack!

I bought one of these tents and I am planning on using it this weekend. fter reading your review im not too worrried about its quality. Mine is NIB!

Crotch Rocket

So... um... I hadn't forgotten about this, and just chanced across a Eureka ICS 2000 yesterday. $50. Still not as much of a steal as izzzy's though - It needs to be cleaned, it needs a couple holes patched in the screens, and I may want to eventually replace a pole that was repaired, but I couldn't beat the price!
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!