Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

Okay then, howdy. My friends call me Doc, although I'm actually an Infantry Marine. I followed Kutter-0311 here, so blame him.

About me: I got into prepping by force, since I moved to Florida in highschool and weathered a long series of hurricanes. Then I saw Katrina and realized that those survivalists were on to something, except for the part where they always ended up alone in a bunker at the end of the movie. Fast forward to '07 when I enlisted, started meeting more like-minded individuals. Then I happened upon the Zombie Squad and the transformation was complete. ZS was great, but I'm always looking for more community and more information, which lead me to Bushcraft USA and now here.

Anyhow, I'm in Afghanistan for one last tour with the 'Corps before I EAS and move back to Florida for school. While I was in, I went out of my way to learn everything that the corpsman could teach me. I learned the hard way last go 'round that I'm pretty good at dealing with trauma, so the plan is to try for a nursing degree. It seems like medical skills are the hardest to learn as a civilian, and it's not a bad job either.

Anyway, I look forward to sharing and learning, although I have a feeling that I'll be doing more learning. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

For the Love of Cats

Welcome Doc, Stay Safe, and good luck with your studies!

Welcome to all others I may have missed
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Doc.....welcome aboard.

Thanks for spending time with us.....we are honored to have you aboard.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Doc, welcome. Glad to have another pipe-hitter around these parts.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

Welcome Doc! Be safe over there and get your butt home in one piece. Another FL person here, transplanted now to TN but sure do miss the beaches.
    I apologize for nothing...

I'll most likely shit myself

Welcome in Doc. Glad to have you here. You've already had some good post, keep it up. Be safe and a HUGE thank you for your service.

Claims to have NEVER worn pink. Likely story.

Hey Doc, welcome to our own slice of the internet we call home Thanks for your service, and welcome from another Floridian! Stay safe out in the sandbox now, you hear!
    It is, of course, obvious that speed, or height of fall, is not in itself injurious ... but a high rate of change of velocity, such as occurs after a 10 story fall onto concrete, is another matter.

A laugh a minute
    Welcome Doc. From south Fla. But in the hills and livin the Shtf style now. Keep your head down and butt intac and come home safe.
    I am me,
    I am free,
    You can not change me.

If you try, you will see,
    That I am unchangeable,
    Because I am me.

Glad you were able to stop by, Doc! I know you were having some connection problems, I see you managed to get it worked out, enough. I haven't been around much in the last few weeks, things are kinda crazy.

New guy from South Carolina here. Been lurking for a while so I figured it time to join up. Glad to be here and have picked up quite a few things already. Look forward to contributing in any way I can.