Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Often overlooked OTC meds.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

I know the new fad is don't use peroxide, but it can be very useful obviously as a disinfectant. It can also be used for oral hygiene, my grandma has been using it for as long as i can remember.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

I'll most likely shit myself

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I know the new fad is don't use peroxide, but it can be very useful obviously as a disinfectant. It can also be used for oral hygiene, my grandma has been using it for as long as i can remember.
    +1 very useful indeed.
    Prilosec & pepcid are very good. Oral rehydration salts also.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Vick's rub, Desitin (with kids)--don't forget the kid meds.....

I know this is kind of steering away from the med idea but band-aids should be looked at. There are many different styles out there, I think that you will need more plain regular ones than any others, kids will cut themselves often. A good list could come in handy....butterflies, knuckle, tape w/4x4 pads, tape w/2x2 pads, fingertip, standard and pre-medicated.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Another useful item would be hand/body lotion with aloe. Good for burns, itches, scrapes, scratches and dry lips just to name a few. Would be very useful for the women and kids especially.

And speaking of lips, chapstick would come in handy.
    “The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” ~ G.K. Chesterton

I'll most likely shit myself

We have dabbled a little bit with herbal meds and have found the Lavendar Essintial oil to work great for a second degree burn. My wife sat a cookie sheet on the stove and turned the eye on by mistake. When she grabbed it to move it out of the way, it burned 2 fingers pretty bad. We got ice water to soak it in ASAP. She kept it in there for 20 minutes, shen she pulled her hand out where she had burnt the finger till they were white, right at blistered. We gently rubbed some of the oil on her fingers and wrapped them in gause. Next morning removed the gause and her fingers were back to normal, just slightly red, no sign of blistering.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Anti-Monkey butt powder
    Desitin baby rash cream
    Emetrol for nausea
    maybe even an enema??

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Baking Soda, can be mixed with a number of other ingredients to make toothpaste, anti itch salve, etc. Kind of like duct tape 1001 uses.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I know we've already said such things as Ambesol and Ora Gel, but they can also be used as a topical numbing agent. I've used them before when I needed to give myself stitches.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

This might not be the place for this but birth control . Moleskin is good for blisters ,benzocaine (iodine ) aloe vera has many uses ,rubbing alcohol . Not otc but epi pens if anyone's had strong allergic reaction to anything. If you are into herbal supplements valarian root works as a sleep aid (it is what valium is synthesized from ) cranberry pills could probably help a urinary tract infection or prevent it . Yarrow tea helps break fevers. Instant cold pack and hand warmer .

Do you have a robot?
    Pepto-bismol is great for diarrhea and up set stomach. Lunchbox Desitin is not just for kids, it works well on us adults too.